Pre-Trip New Year's Eve - Round 4 after skipping it 2022-2023! (12/30/2023-1/1/2024 PTR!)

Almost every year, since 2019, well except for 2022-2023, I've gone to Walt Disney World for New Year's Eve, and boy was it insane but very fun!
I recall the first time I did it, I was in Magic Kingdom for AM EMH, and rope-dropped Splash Mountain (RIP), and jumped right over to Epcot, and started knocking down my three FPs pretty quickly, and Epcot's crowds picked up rather quickly too! Me and my good friend from college Cameron were together in World Showcase for some time too, having dinner at San Angel Inn (yuck) before I ditched them to watch Epcot Forever, and in turn hopped back over to Magic Kingdom (they had JUST reopened from a phased closing) to ring in 2020!!!!!
2020 was more toned down due to the pandemic, but still fun.
2021 was the first year they brought back Fantasy In The Sky and park hopping (well on 1/1/2021), and that sure was a blast despite insane crowds.
I skipped 2022 due to me having the Sorcerer Pass, but renewed as IncrediPass and now... here we are! Another New Year to ring in!

So here's the logistics...
When - December 30, 2023 to January 1, 2024
Staying Where - Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Little Mermaid Standard Room)

Game Plan:
December 30, 2023
That morning I'll have breakfast at home before taking Uber from my house in Lake Mary, FL to the Deland Amtrak Station in order to catch Train 97 from there to Kissimmee and in turn Link 56 to the TTC before walking to the Polynesian and taking the bus to Hollywood Studios and the Skyliner to Art of Animation. From there, I'll check-in, settle-in and get ready to visit Disney Springs in the evening

December 31, 2023
My intent is to do both Magic Kingdom and Epcot that day (you heard right, BOTH Magic Kingdom AND Epcot on New Year's Eve), starting at Magic Kingdom for Early Entry to try to knock down 7DMT and maybe a few things Fantasyland, plus Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain. Trying to decide on lunch, most likely Skipper Canteen. Plan is to hop over to Epcot and take on stuff with G+ and may grab an early dinner at Via Napoli before watching their new fireworks show, and in turn hopping back to Magic Kingdom to get ready to ring in 2024 and close out the night at the park!

January 1, 2024
I'll pack up in the morning before grabbing breakfast and catching the Skyliner to Hollywood Studios, in turn the bus to the Polynesian and walk to the TTC, and then I'll grab Link 56 to Kissimmee and then Amtrak Train 98 to Winter Park and then either Uber or a combination of Links 102, 103 and Uber home!

This is going to be so exciting!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster

Single Digit Dance.... 9 Days Left!

Disstevefan1

Almost every year, since 2019, well except for 2022-2023, I've gone to Walt Disney World for New Year's Eve, and boy was it insane but very fun!
I recall the first time I did it, I was in Magic Kingdom for AM EMH, and rope-dropped Splash Mountain (RIP), and jumped right over to Epcot, and started knocking down my three FPs pretty quickly, and Epcot's crowds picked up rather quickly too! Me and my good friend from college Cameron were together in World Showcase for some time too, having dinner at San Angel Inn (yuck) before I ditched them to watch Epcot Forever, and in turn hopped back over to Magic Kingdom (they had JUST reopened from a phased closing) to ring in 2020!!!!!
2020 was more toned down due to the pandemic, but still fun.
2021 was the first year they brought back Fantasy In The Sky and park hopping (well on 1/1/2021), and that sure was a blast despite insane crowds.
I skipped 2022 due to me having the Sorcerer Pass, but renewed as IncrediPass and now... here we are! Another New Year to ring in!

So here's the logistics...
When - December 30, 2023 to January 1, 2024
Staying Where - Disney's Art of Animation Resort (Little Mermaid Standard Room)

Game Plan:
December 30, 2023
That morning I'll have breakfast at home before taking Uber from my house in Lake Mary, FL to the Deland Amtrak Station in order to catch Train 97 from there to Kissimmee and in turn Link 56 to the TTC before walking to the Polynesian and taking the bus to Hollywood Studios and the Skyliner to Art of Animation. From there, I'll check-in, settle-in and get ready to visit Disney Springs in the evening

December 31, 2023
My intent is to do both Magic Kingdom and Epcot that day (you heard right, BOTH Magic Kingdom AND Epcot on New Year's Eve), starting at Magic Kingdom for Early Entry to try to knock down 7DMT and maybe a few things Fantasyland, plus Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain. Trying to decide on lunch, most likely Skipper Canteen. Plan is to hop over to Epcot and take on stuff with G+ and may grab an early dinner at Via Napoli before watching their new fireworks show, and in turn hopping back to Magic Kingdom to get ready to ring in 2024 and close out the night at the park!

January 1, 2024
I'll pack up in the morning before grabbing breakfast and catching the Skyliner to Hollywood Studios, in turn the bus to the Polynesian and walk to the TTC, and then I'll grab Link 56 to Kissimmee and then Amtrak Train 98 to Winter Park and then either Uber or a combination of Links 102, 103 and Uber home!

This is going to be so exciting!
I really think you will have a great experience with the lower crowds due to the fact they are actually limiting attendance. I am sincerely hoping no rain for you also.

Isamar

We’ve done NYE at Disney for at least a decade (except for 2020) and the restrictions on park reservations definitely resulted in less crowding in 2021 & 2022. It used to get so crowded that you could barely move in some areas.
I’m hoping for the same this year. We’ll be at Boardwalk from Dec. 29 to Jan. 13
🏰 😁

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom