NEW Yacht Club 11/25 to 11/30 Lots of pics!!

Sorry for the problems before - I got the photos working now! :)

Hi All!

Here is the beginning of our trip report! We had an amazingly great time!!

November 25th:
We leave for Disney!!! We left after work and drove from HHI to WDW. It takes about 5 hours so we checked in around 11:30 pm on the 25th. And when we arrived...we were Family of the Day!!!!! They upgraded us to the concierge level and there were balloons and a photo! It kicked off our trip and made it so special!! In our rooms, I had surprised the DH with stockings!!! They had our names on them and filled with yummy goodies!!

DisneyNov25

IMG_0261_1.JPG

DisneyNov26

IMG_0273_1.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

We had two cute little decorations left for us as well - a little bunny and the classis Mickey Ears!!

IMG_0266.JPG

IMG_0267_1.JPG

DisneyNov26

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
It was very cool being on the concerge level and had a great view of the pool and the Beach Club. We could even see the Eifel Tower from our balcony!! More photos of that to come later, since it was so late when we checked in. We then explored the resort!! The resort looked amazing all decked out for Christmas!!! And they piped in some incredible smell that was heavenly!! It was so Yummy!!! I loved how everything just glowed! With the Christmas music playing in the background - it was Magical!!!

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0587_1.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0591_1.JPG

November 26th:
It is our tradition that we begin every trip at the Magic Kingdom!! And like I do every time, after going through the turnstiles and passing through to Main Street, I cried! The sense of magic and happiness overwhelms me!! Especially at Christmas time!!! We strolled down Main Steet and arrived at the Castle. We took some time to capture the magic and play with my new camera!!

IMG_0296_1.JPG

IMG_0298_1.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG

IMG_0308_1.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We then headed to Adventure Land. First stop...Pirates! This is always our first ride!! Yo Ho Yo Ho...

IMG_0318_1.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

IMG_0337.JPG

After the ride, we got to spend some time with our favorite pirates!!! Peter was there too!! We found out that Wendy only comes out to play when the park is during its busy seasons. Since it was actually slow that day at the park, there was no Wendy.

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0347_1.JPG

IMG_0350_1.JPG

IMG_0351.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We then ventured on into Frontier Land, where we stopped to see the Country Bear Jamboree. The DH and I realized that we had not seen this since we were about 10! It was the same as we remember, but the audio was better. It was still hard to deciefer some parts, but better overall.

IMG_0353_1.JPG

IMG_0355_1.JPG

IMG_0356_1.JPG

After CBJ, we headed to our next favorite...Haunted Mansion!! We absoloutely love this ride!!

IMG_0368_1.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0370_1.JPG

IMG_0389.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We spent some time in LS and hit the Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe! While shopping, we ran into the racoon from Pocahontis! (sp?)

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0399_1.JPG

We then headed to Fantasy Land. I told the DH that we could ride IASW again, since it is new refurb. I would love to understand why that ride always gets stuck. And when stuck, why I am on it??? We promised each while stuck for 15 minutes that he would never make me ride IASW again and in turn, he would not have to ride TOT anymore. After we got off the ride...finally...it was closed for about an hour as they got it up and running again. We were going to go to PP but something happened that has never happened before at MK! The entire time we were there, there was over a 60 minute wait for PP! I know it is a FP ride, but we usually use that for SM or BTM. Never have we had to use FP for PP! Since we new we were coming back a few more times, we skipped PP...oops! We never did ride it b/c of the wait time! I am not sure if it has something to do with the marketing of Tink right now or what. But it had the longest line in the park, next to Space Mountain!! We decided to head to mountains then, grabbed a FP for Splash Mountain and rode BTM before lunch!

IMG_0461_1.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We grabbed lunch at El Pirata. It was good! We had not eaten there before and it was a nice change to the burgers and fries we normally get. After lunch, we headed to Splash Mountain!

IMG_0551_1.JPG

IMG_0555_1.JPG

IMG_0557_1.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0561_1.JPG

After SM, we jumped on the train and headed the back way to the castle.

IMG_0467.JPG

IMG_0469_1.JPG

IMG_0486_1.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We stopped at castle, and made our wishes at the well, before heading to Main Street!

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG

IMG_0523_1.JPG

IMG_0524.JPG

On Main Street, we had to stop at the hat shop! I got some new ears, and some special ones for Christmas morning!!

IMG_0529_1.JPG

IMG_0530.JPG

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Before heading back to the Yacht Club, we stopped for some ice cream! My favorite!! Ears first!!!

IMG_0538.JPG

Heading back down Main Street, we were able to catch the end of the parade!!

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0569_1.JPG

IMG_0574.JPG

Main Street USA! I love it! Especially all decked out for Christmas!!

IMG_0573_1.JPG

IMG_0577_1.JPG

IMG_0579_1.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG

See you really soon MK!! We headed back to the Yacht Club via the buses. We never had any problem with the buses. But we also didn't use them as much since we were able to the boat to DHS and Epcot. But we were able to get on each time and never waited very long. We hit the resort for some R&R before we went to Epcot for dinner.

disneygirl76

Original Poster
We walked to Epcot for some drinkiepoos and dinner at Rose and Crown! It was great being able to walk there or take the boat.

IMG_0651_1.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0653_1.JPG

IMG_0655_1.JPG

This is the only one of us together this night (not the best but it does reflect the coordinating outfits )

IMG_0643_1.JPG

We were seated right on the water so we could watch the fireworks! Must say, best seat in the house! It was incredible!!! Now I had packed accordingly to the average temps! But seriously, this is the coldest it had been in FL in ages!!!! Even seasoned Floridians were shocked and frozen!! Luckily the heaters were on!! Illuminations has been ridiculously cut short!! There is this lull in the middle that goes on for some time with no fireworks at all. My DH and I are major fans of the old "pre-millennium" version. So we were disappointed with the newer, more "Olympic" focused version, and now, what's the point. It was a great view to be right there but in comparison, this is something I would come back for night after night.

IMG_0684_1.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG

We headed back after the Illuminations, making a quick stop in Cananda. I have no shame!!!

IMG_0630.JPG

We did not take advantage of the EMH's which were at AK this night. So we headed back to the Yacht club b/c the next day was going to be a big one!!

IMG_0607_1.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

More to come later!!!!!

WWallaceII

I rarely post, but wanted to say - fantastic work with this trip report! Some great photos and it is very obvious you had a great time!

Looking forward to the rest:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom