Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

RSoxNo1

Jim hill is the worst source for rumors like I'm better! I predicted muppets and other stuff and it happened
You predicted Muppets in Liberty Square?

Here's the rumor timeline I have for that one...

September 23, 2016: The Disney Parks Blog announced that "The Muppets Present... Great Moments in American History will debut on October 2, 2016 in Liberty Square.

September 14, 2016: KennyThePirate.com is reporting that Woody, Jessie and Rafiki will likely be removed from the Magic Kingdom as character meet and greets as money would be re-allocated to "The Muppets Present... Great Moments in American History."

July 28, 2016: The Disney Parks Blog confirmed that a new show is coming to Liberty Square this fall called, "The Muppets Present... Great Moments in American History."

Sam Eagle, Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, The Great Gonzo and James Jefferson, the town crier of Liberty Square will present history lessons outside of The Hall of Presidents in the traditional Muppets fashion. The show will feature an original song and is expected to debut in October 2016.

June 29, 2016: .com is reporting that testing for the rumored Muppets show will begin soon. The show is expected to feature the Muppets educating guests on American history from the second story windows of Liberty Square.

May 12, 2016: Disney/ABC has canceled The Muppets television show. It is unknown if this will have any bearing on the future of The Muppets in the theme parks.

April 7, 2016: @Blog_Mickey on Twitter posted a photo of a scrim up around the 2nd floor of the Hall of Presidents.

April 6, 2016: wdwmagic posted on their forums that there is some credibility to this rumor. WDWMagic.com user drew81 also reported that this rumor is credible.

April 4, 2016: A report has surfaced that a Muppets inspired attraction may be headed to the second floor of Liberty Square. The original report originated on a fan's Facebook page but was re-posted on WDWMagic.com by user wdwgreek.

Bairstow

It is not VR.
Meanwhile, at SeaWorld...

image.jpg

YodaMan

You predicted Muppets in Liberty Square?

Here's the rumor timeline I have for that one...

September 23, 2016: The Disney Parks Blog announced that "The Muppets Present... Great Moments in American History will debut on October 2, 2016 in Liberty Square.

September 14, 2016: KennyThePirate.com is reporting that Woody, Jessie and Rafiki will likely be removed from the Magic Kingdom as character meet and greets as money would be re-allocated to "The Muppets Present... Great Moments in American History."

July 28, 2016: The Disney Parks Blog confirmed that a new show is coming to Liberty Square this fall called, "The Muppets Present... Great Moments in American History."

Sam Eagle, Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, The Great Gonzo and James Jefferson, the town crier of Liberty Square will present history lessons outside of The Hall of Presidents in the traditional Muppets fashion. The show will feature an original song and is expected to debut in October 2016.

June 29, 2016: *****.com is reporting that testing for the rumored Muppets show will begin soon. The show is expected to feature the Muppets educating guests on American history from the second story windows of Liberty Square.

May 12, 2016: Disney/ABC has canceled The Muppets television show. It is unknown if this will have any bearing on the future of The Muppets in the theme parks.

April 7, 2016: @Blog_Mickey on Twitter posted a photo of a scrim up around the 2nd floor of the Hall of Presidents.

April 6, 2016: wdwmagic posted on their forums that there is some credibility to this rumor. WDWMagic.com user drew81 also reported that this rumor is credible.

April 4, 2016: A report has surfaced that a Muppets inspired attraction may be headed to the second floor of Liberty Square. The original report originated on a fan's Facebook page but was re-posted on WDWMagic.com by user wdwgreek.

For what it's worth, that rumor actually dates back to November from a tweet from DCharacterNews. Surprised it took so long for the rumors to spread.

cheezbat

It's a tool that can enable an experience which could not easily be built. One example would be creating the illusion of elements within the safety envelope.
And it's far cheaper than building a new ride.

I hate VR. I'm very worried it will someday replace dark rides. People complain about all the 3-D screen based attractions at Universal...well guess what's next? VR.

Homerclaus

Yeah, I don't get it either -- why not just do a motion simulator at that point?

For the same reason that a VR simulation as you walk through a 3D space is better than a VR simulation where you sit in a chair and the VR moves. The thrill of a roller coaster diving and moving along with the VR (when well done) is something that's quite an incredible experience, a true plussing. That said, it's not for everyone, and I hope it would be an option to use, but I think us coaster nuts would certainly enjoy the experience....now if you want to put that on Manta......well we might have to step outside and talk about this....;)

CanadianGordon

I wear glasses, and honestly can't wear a VR helmet the way they are designed, nor does my phone fit into one of them. I have a tendency to be clumsy so I have an otterbox on my phone to protect it. I like motion simulators since I can enjoy them along with everyone else.
Looking forward to the fad of the VR thing going away. I'd much rather enjoy rides the way they were designed in the first place. Just seems silly to me.

lazyboy97o

Yeah, I don't get it either -- why not just do a motion simulator at that point?
Simulating the true motion of a roller coaster results in far more people becoming motion sick.

And it's far cheaper than building a new ride.

I hate VR. I'm very worried it will someday replace dark rides. People complain about all the 3-D screen based attractions at Universal...well guess what's next? VR.
Being done to be cheap is not a compelling, experiential reason to use virtual reality. Such projects will just not be fulfilling experience.

Ripken10

I am a roller coaster fanatic, but will never touch a VR ride. Just of no interest to me at all. Feel like something you could do in your bedroom, and not something I would want to do in my bedroom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom