New WDW Today Loop (Information Channel)

Timon

Disney used to have Brighthouse Networks Cable (even as recently as 2008 or 2009. Here is a capture from 2007 that shows the old TV Guide Channel. It was much more interesting, and it had some cool promos for a few things. I remember staying at a Disney Resort in 2008 or 2009 and seeing News 13 (which as you know is a Brighthouse-Only Channel). I live in Lakeland, and I have Brighthouse, but we have Bay News 9 (Tampa) since we're closer to Tampa. I love Brighthouse's Cable Package, but we got tired of slow upload speeds, so we switched our Internet to Verizon Fios.

WDW on-property TV was never Brighthouse. The actual company is Compass Rose and since opening to around 2005 Disney maintenance ran it. Then Disney contracted SmartCity to run the Cable Head End using huge Satellite dishes to get the channels. At the end of that contract Direct TV came in to supply Smart City with cable channels, which they combined with various Disney Promo channels before sending it out to the hotels.

Cmdr_Crimson

Oh if only they would have must do or anything from the resot as a regular channel if you lived on the outer perimiter..I would be a happy person....I do wonder about what they get for channels for people living in Golden Oaks...

nelsonj3

Original Poster
WDW on-property TV was never Brighthouse. The actual company is Compass Rose and since opening to around 2005 Disney maintenance ran it. Then Disney contracted SmartCity to run the Cable Head End using huge Satellite dishes to get the channels. At the end of that contract Direct TV came in to supply Smart City with cable channels, which they combined with various Disney Promo channels before sending it out to the hotels.
I was probably thinking of a time when I stayed at Bonnet Creek. They had Brighthouse. The trips all run together sometimes. Lol. I do remember that they had the Top 7 Must Sees (that was the loop then) on TV too. Of course some of the hotels along 192 used to have that too. (Can't say for sure now since I haven't stayed on 192 for a long time.)

Timon

Oh if only they would have must do or anything from the resot as a regular channel if you lived on the outer perimiter..I would be a happy person....I do wonder about what they get for channels for people living in Golden Oaks...
Golden Oaks is not served by Disney but gets service from a company in Orlando.

I was probably thinking of a time when I stayed at Bonnet Creek. They had Brighthouse. The trips all run together sometimes. Lol. I do remember that they had the Top 7 Must Sees (that was the loop then) on TV too. Of course some of the hotels along 192 used to have that too. (Can't say for sure now since I haven't stayed on 192 for a long time.)

Official WDW hotels get a live Must Do Disney - Dolphin, Swan and Hotels on Hotel Plaza Dr in LBV

nelsonj3

Original Poster
Golden Oaks is not served by Disney but gets service from a company in Orlando.

Official WDW hotels get a live Must Do Disney - Dolphin, Swan and Hotels on Hotel Plaza Dr in LBV
The one I saw at Bonnet Creek looked like a DVD that was set to repeat. I think it even said "Play" at the beginning. :)

Timon

The one I saw at Bonnet Creek looked like a DVD that was set to repeat. I think it even said "Play" at the beginning. :)

WDW send out 100's of DVD's to off-property hotels. Whats bad is when no one at the hotel bothers to change the DVD. At guest services they occasionally get irate tourists expecting to see a certain parade which happened years before.

Timon

Do they play the info loop at non Disney hotels? We'll be staying at the Sheraton Vistana and I kinda want the Disney info loop on the tv

High probability either a DVD or Brighthouse has a special channel in some hotels for Must Do Disney. Don't expect up to date video. Probably announcing the "Opening of a New Disney Park!" - Animal Kingdom. (Sarcasm)

nelsonj3

Original Poster
It could be the 1971 opening as long as there's something lol, I want to get up and have coffee and get ready for the Parks watching Disney World on the tv and not the news
Just watch my channel on your tablet or laptop! (Link below in my signature.). I've got most loops dating back to 1991. :)
I know it's cooler on the TV though. That's why I watch mine on my Apple TV at home. :)

nelsonj3

Original Poster
WDW send out 100's of DVD's to off-property hotels. Whats bad is when no one at the hotel bothers to change the DVD. At guest services they occasionally get irate tourists expecting to see a certain parade which happened years before.
I would love to get my hands on some of those DVD's. I know... I'm a dork. Lol.
I'll have to find a friend who works in a hotel.

Last edited:

Innkeeper's Club

I know this isn't "E-Ticket Attraction" Level News, but it is still news. For those of you who like to listen to the relaxing Disney Instrumental Music when you are in your Disney Resort Room, you may be interested to know that the WDW Today Channel (The channel that tells park hours and events - Channel 2) has completely different graphics and music now. The music is much more orchestral than before, and it is actually really nice. The graphics are HD, and they have some nice animations happening in the background. I made a capture of this channel when I was staying at a resort on Monday, and I've uploaded it to YouTube.

The music contains some great symphonic arrangements of many Disney Classics, and it even includes a pretty nice version of "For the First Time in Forever" from Frozen. There are also some nice arrangements of music from Fantasia as well as one of the songs from Impressions de France.

I'm arriving at WDW in eight days and one thing I want to do is take pictures off the screen with my iPhone of the information for the parks, water parks and Downtown Disney.

nelsonj3

Original Poster
I'm arriving at WDW in eight days and one thing I want to do is take pictures off the screen with my iPhone of the information for the parks, water parks and Downtown Disney.
Have fun!! Also, be sure to download the My Disney Experience App (free on the App Store). It shows the latest park hours and all show times as well as wait times. :)

Innkeeper's Club

Have fun!! Also, be sure to download the My Disney Experience App (free on the App Store). It shows the latest park hours and all show times as well as wait times. :)
Thank you and yes I have it downloaded. In fact it was one of the first apps I ever downloaded when I got my iPhone 5 in January 2013.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom