New Villains Show Coming to DHS?

PhotoDave219

Couldn't this just be for a new Villains Unleashed event?

Noooooooooooope.

Two reasons. One, it's been speculated about for at least a month now we've got good sourcing on it.

Second, the audition announcement specifically refers to a new show.

And lastly… Just it out on the air there's no way in the world they are going to have a meet and greet centric hard ticket event. Operationally, it was a disaster. Just doing basic simple math, there is no way you can have a five hour event with 30,000 people when the special characters you have for that event can meet at maximum 600 people during the event.

I've asked people behind the scenes if this will ever happen again. They said "oh hell no."

ToTBellHop

A villains show is great, but a villains ride would be better. Bring on Bald Mountain!
Yes, but they can't get that up and running in time for the major construction that is to begin elsewhere in the park soon. i would expect this show to be more like Frozen than Nemo or Mermaid--basically a sing-along though with a more fun (in my opinion) host and music.

YodaMan

If this does come to Theatre of the Stars, any idea on how it effects Beauty and the Beast? What are the odds of Beauty and the Beast running during the day and this running at night? Beauty and the Beast is always done by 6, so might this be a way to use the theatre in the evening? Or would it straight up replace the show entirely?

PhotoDave219

If this does come to Theatre of the Stars, any idea on how it effects Beauty and the Beast? What are the odds of Beauty and the Beast running during the day and this running at night? Beauty and the Beast is always done by 6, so might this be a way to use the theatre in the evening? Or would it straight up replace the show entirely?

They will likely only have one show running. Its my impression that BatB will venture to the great land of closed Disney shows.

Magenta Panther

A villains show is great, but a villains ride would be better. Bring on Bald Mountain!

Totally agree. This DOES sound like a nice replacement for the rather-shabby Beauty and the Beast show, but a dark ride would be so much better. Too bad Iger would rather lavish money on stuff he purchased rather than on stuff Disney artists created....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom