New Video of SM Giving Out Smoke! and Question

t3techcom18

Original Poster
Hey y'all! I just wanted to chime in that a French website recently put a video showing the Columbiad cannon ontop of SM is giving off smoke once again (If you're asking why again when it's supossed to, it's because they used to have it, but it broke within a few years of opening and it opened in 1992, so having it back, and the forward part of the cannon also going back is good, because it had the same problem). I'm really happy about that, but I heard the DM (Discovery Mountain) logos are going away (Go to dlp-guide.com and search for DM there, and you will find the answer there), which I really think is bad because it maintains the Jules Verne part of the attraction and such.

Anyways, that was my commentary/update on this, and the question is:

For anyone who has gone to DLRP, can you name what the music is in the first video? I simply LOVED the music!!! If anyone can provide the name for that, and a website to download it, it would be much appreciated!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :animwink:

Here's the link to the first video with the music and solely the smoke:
http://www.dlrpmagazine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=488&st=600

(Just go down to the post made by 'Pitmax', and download it by 'Save target as' on the image of the mountain; the file is Windows Media)

And here's the second video with the cannon going back, smoke, and newly repainted trains going through the cannon!! :
http://www.dlrpmagazine.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=488&st=615

(Just go to the second post on the page; the file is QuickTime)

Enjoy and thanks!!! :wave: :animwink:

DisneyFan 2000

Wonderful news! I always was disappointed I could never experience the cannon fully working! This will give me something to look foward to when I visit next time. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Didn`t Tim Delaney say the cannon`s recoil mechanism was poorly designed from the start? Hopefully this will be a proper fix (or replacement!)

-sure looks good. Now for the smoke from the barrel tip on recoil and they`ve cracked it!

t3techcom18

Original Poster
marni1971 said:
Great links, but t3tech - DLP`s SM opened June 1st 1995. Not `92.

Anyway, thanks!

IT DID!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Wow...I finally have a ride opening that is near my birthday and I finally found it!!!! :D :D I finally found it!!!! (My B-day is the 2nd!) Thanks for the clearup! :sohappy: :sohappy: :wave:

marchofthecards

Smoke problems

Hey,

I know about the recoil problems on the canon and the boom, but I heard, of course some years ago now, that the smoke was due to a chemical that was banned under Europe and could not be used. Maybe now under a rehab budget they have found an alternative.

Simes

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They certainly have! Speaking of smoke, Rock n Rollercoaster also now has its smoke machines working again - they were switched off since the residue made the escape stairs slippery. Now they have an alternative thankfully - the lighting is much more atmospheric with it. As a side note, Tim Delaney is also on record as saying the recoil mechanism was poorly designed, hopefully this time it is more substantial (no wonder - in real life the thing is HUGE!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom