New Vera Bradley pattern

Ariel484

I'm not excited about this for 2 reasons...

1. I don't super love the pattern (just my personal opinion :))
2. From reading the blog post, it sounds like this special brunch will be the only place to buy items with that pattern:
"If any quantities are remaining following this event, the new 'Mickey’s Perfect Petals' items will be released when Cherry Tree Lane opens in the Marketplace Co-Op at Downtown Disney Marketplace (stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for that opening date). There are no immediate plans to carry this color atDisneyland Resort or on our Disney Parks online store."

WTH???? It's frustrating to me that people that want this pattern pretty much only have an opportunity to buy it if they buy a $125 ticket to this brunch...why not in DL or online? I don't even like the pattern and I think this is crappy.

I really like this author because he actually answers comments...but the answer below is not a good one:
"Due to overwhelming Guest demand, we won’t be able to offer the Disney Collection by Vera Bradley on our Disney Parks online store anytime soon."

Last edited:

loveofamouse

I agree. I hate when things are put out as limited by opportunity with additional costs. You have to be in a certain place that cost a certain amount at a certain time to even have a chance. Put it out as limited, but put it out online so we all have a fair chance.

HouCuseChickie

Not a big fan of this VB pattern (would really like to see some different colors and characters)...also not a big fan of limited release bags. It's no better with the Dooney bags. Take the Haunted Mansion bag...while they did release it on the website while the limited quantities lasted...the quantities are so limited that it sold out almost instantly and the demand is so high that ebay sellers are asking insane amounts. I mean, someone has one on there right now with a buy it now price of nearly $1200!!! I know the VB prices haven't been this high, but if they add a limited release bag to the mix...people are going to start asking $500 for a $100 bag. I mean, I know nobody has to pay it...but it just bugs me.

Betsyboo

It's not my favorite pattern. I have one of the others, Midnight with Mickey (or something like that). I love it but I had to wait forever for the Disney Store to get it back in stock on line. They are completely sold out at WDW and you'd think with high demand they'd get more in stock more often. This limited release just adds money into the pockets of those that purchase in the parks only to resell on Ebay or private websites. The hipster I paid $75 was selling on Ebay for $170+. Crazy but I guess someone is willing to buy it.

6laurac

I, too, am not a fan of the new pattern. I keep hoping that the new Disney Midnight Blues-esque pattern will have some of the same colors but with Mickey heads like the other blue pattern that was done with Lola.

Also why are the bag prices increasing each release? Hipster was $70, now will be $75 whereas a non-Disney hipster is $60 and don't get me started on the coupons I usually have to save even more off that price. Make more bags readily aval. (made in US please) and bring back the backpack!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom