New updates coming to Figment?

disney1023

Original Poster
I've seen many things happen to the Imagination! pavilion recently that lead me to assume there will be updates, like the footprints being removed in the exit, the main banner missing, the screens are stopped currently, and imagineers working in the back ground. Its also worth mentioning that the ride isn't working correctly, most imagework things have stopped working (music maker), fountains have stopped, tiles are popping out, and the ride has gone out of sink and lost audio twice a day in segments. I just believe Disney will do something soon, any ideas?

rudyjr13

Fixing minor details.

There is a move to have this ride and also LwtL to have anything not running to specification to be fixed.

Imagine that concept. Man I hope this is the start of the return of Disney quality. Slowly but surely.

I don't mind the IP invasion as much as others but this show quality nosedive has to stop soon.

MerlinTheGoat

Fixing minor details.

There is a move to have this ride and also LwtL to have anything not running to specification to be fixed.
I'll just insert a comment about Imagination as a whole not running to specification until it's an entirely different ride.

I'm glad to hear they're scheduling work to be done on the Land though. It has become one of the more problem-ridden ride at WDW for the past few years now. They at least seem to take pretty good care of the greenhouse, but the interior show scenes are a mess. The spotlights on a wire rain effects in the first scene need aligning badly, and the rainforest scene in particular is a complete joke with tons of work needed. One monkey has been missing for ages (with the other generally also having movement issues), and recently they removed all the crocodile figures (which I would assume was related to the attack earlier this year but none of the other gators or crocs in other rides were removed (Splash Mountain, Peter Pan Jungle Cruise, heck even the portrait of the tightrope girl in Mansion plus the live crocodiles across Animal Kingdom and the Safari). Most of the bugs and birds in the scene have been either missing or motionless for a while as well. The projected fire effect on the wall behind the buffalo has been gone for a while too (and the buffalo figures need work as well). And the sliding doors to the greenhouse have been stuck open for ages.

Incidentally Martin, ARE we actually seeing some sort of turn-around for the better regarding WDW management and maintenance? Seems Tomorrowland has some new managers that are trying to step things up, and even Small World has been getting some post-refurb third shift work to fix some of the remaining broken effects. I can name some recent problems with certain attractions as well of course (Splash Mountain is beginning to need some work again), but perhaps there's an effort to return to a more proactive way of handling upkeep? There was that recent info about Chapek not liking the way WDW was run in comparison to DL and desiring to correct this, I wonder...

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

So basically they are keeping this thing from falling apart and rideable while other attractions are getting full overhauls. Maybe to one day get the full revision it desperately needs?
Which is time for my classic post to come up again..:D
3814986.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Incidentally Martin, ARE we actually seeing some sort of turn-around for the better regarding WDW management and maintenance?..

I don't think so. Not yet. Not officially.

But what we are seeing are more people who care and who have some position of authority who can at least try and get the ball rolling with some issues. And also a system where things that need doing can be reported and worked on.

The Empress Lilly

I'll just insert a comment about Imagination as a whole not running to specification until it's an entirely different ride.

I'm glad to hear they're scheduling work to be done on the Land though. It has become one of the more problem-ridden ride at WDW for the past few years now. They at least seem to take pretty good care of the greenhouse, but the interior show scenes are a mess. The spotlights on a wire rain effects in the first scene need aligning badly, and the rainforest scene in particular is a complete joke with tons of work needed. One monkey has been missing for ages (with the other generally also having movement issues), and recently they removed all the crocodile figures (which I would assume was related to the attack earlier this year but none of the other gators or crocs in other rides were removed (Splash Mountain, Peter Pan Jungle Cruise, heck even the portrait of the tightrope girl in Mansion plus the live crocodiles across Animal Kingdom and the Safari). Most of the bugs and birds in the scene have been either missing or motionless for a while as well. The projected fire effect on the wall behind the buffalo has been gone for a while too (and the buffalo figures need work as well). And the sliding doors to the greenhouse have been stuck open for ages.

Incidentally Martin, ARE we actually seeing some sort of turn-around for the better regarding WDW management and maintenance? Seems Tomorrowland has some new managers that are trying to step things up, and even Small World has been getting some post-refurb third shift work to fix some of the remaining broken effects. I can name some recent problems with certain attractions as well of course (Splash Mountain is beginning to need some work again), but perhaps there's an effort to return to a more proactive way of handling upkeep? There was that recent info about Chapek not liking the way WDW was run in comparison to DL and desiring to correct this, I wonder...
Yes!

Imagination wasn't in great shape this month. But then, it is the dumb nephew to begin with so I didn't care much. I just hope it stays because any new plans will remove Figment from EPCOT, which means I need to burn down all of WDW in retaliation which will land me in gaol.

Worse was LwtL. Painful. The greenhouse is fine (minus the aquafarms), the first half is in terrible shape. Your list is not even exhaustive. The prairie doges don't move, the projection in the background is gone, I think there were sound problems in some scenes. LwtL needs to be closed asap for complete refurb.

(The upcharge character meal was in tiptop shape though! Not that I went, I want to enjoy the beauty of Disney undisturbed by such unDisney rubbish as getting your picture taken midway a meal with toon chipmunks)

Bocabear

I think they should force all EPCOT managers to watch every one of Martin's videos... to really get the back story behind the creation of what was there...to understand how to move it forward. I feel like the most recent management regimes don't even understand the scale of what they are tinkering with or what went onto it's creation... They have something in their hands that is more precious than they know, and continue to make uninformed decisions without seeming to understand the full scope of what EPCOT is (was) and what it represents...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom