New 'Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour' now available to book at Disney's Animal Kingdom

jt04

This is more than just being hearded from ride to ride correct?

Needs something like an exclusive night safari tour, desert or beverage with the RoL show, backstage type tour elements, and bonus fastpass. With 15% discount it would be worth it.

No Name

So they're making extra money from the fact that Flight of Passage has a poor hourly capacity relative to demand. Gone are the days of parks trying to keep wait times low for everyone, to provide a great experience for everyone, to build return customers. Now they try to keep the wait times reasonably high so that they can milk people for things like this. It's incredibly short-sighted.

Next they'll seal the deal with paid fastpass.

Disney found success by differentiating themselves from competitors. Now they're going in the opposite direction. And they'll suffer as a result.

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

it would be cheaper to hire a VIP tour plaid for a family of 4 or more

Lol not even close. Private VIP tours are $450-600/hour with a 7 hour minimum for up to 10 guests, bringing the absolute minimum to $3150 or $787/person for a party of 4.

Disney has been offering these pre-set VIP tours for a while, including an Ultimate Day of Thrills tour, which is $299 and includes 10 attractions (MK headliners, all 4 rides @ Studios + Soarin'). It's been going on for like 3 years now and seems to be doing well enough.

21stamps

I'm looking at the 'Ultimate Day of Thrills' Tour right now, and was AK originally included in the package, or was it removed for this? $299 for 10 rides at 3 parks over 7 hours (plus lunch), vs $265 for 5 attractions at 1 park over 4 hours (plus 2 snacks and a drink). I think both are way overpriced, but I find it a little weird that Dinosaur wasn't included in the offerings, just to boost the ride count for AK's package.

Also, I find it a little odd that the only ride from Epcot is Soarin'. No Test Track?

The Ultimaye Day of Thrills changed to this itinerary almost a year ago.

21stamps

You are correct i was using out of date prices.

Significant price increase over last year when this service was $200/Hour. Now between 400-600/Hr

Are they freaking kidding on the new price!!!

We have used the VIP tour service in the past on a multi-generation trip with a few mobility issues. Made it more pleasant for everyone.

It's a service i'd recommend but not at current price point.

The price range is by time of year and specific dates.. for Black Friday last year the VIP Premium was $450 per hour 7 hour minimum.

I booked it as a one time splurge justified by crowd predictions.. then luckily came to my senses and cancelled. Decided It was way too much money to justify for one day- for me.. but I can understand why people do them.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Lol not even close. Private VIP tours are $450-600/hour with a 7 hour minimum for up to 10 guests, bringing the absolute minimum to $3150 or $787/person for a party of 4.

Disney has been offering these pre-set VIP tours for a while, including an Ultimate Day of Thrills tour, which is $299 and includes 10 attractions (MK headliners, all 4 rides @ Studios + Soarin'). It's been going on for like 3 years now and seems to be doing well enough.
cd92914a2bf2bdf79f91a99b91ce8e80--art-gallery-trust-me.jpg

Goob

$450 an hour with a 7 hour minimum? The people who pay that have more money than they have sense.

21stamps

$450 an hour with a 7 hour minimum? The people who pay that have more money than they have sense.

Maybe, when I had planned to do it we were only staying for 3 nights, and I thought it would be the only time we'd visit during the Christmas season. So it was easier to justify.. then we ended up changing to 9 nights.. can't afford both.lol Seriously, the more I thought about it the more I realized that it was almost another trip somewhere... not willing to give that up.

I guess I do have sense, it just momentarily abandoned me ;).

It's attractive though, and people do book them, without canceling like I did.
I think this new event will do fine.

DABIGCHEEZ

LMAO!!! So, for $119 admission to park, plus $265.19 on top of that....... you can pretty much pay a ridiculous amount of money just to do everything you ALREADY CAN DO?! Bahahahaha Disney must know people are dumb if they created this one!!!! And then calling it an experience lol. $265 a person extra for a glorified fastpass?. Horrible

There have been dumb people since the beginning of time.

TrojanUSC

They accommodate up to 10 people for that $3150. So while it is certainly a luxury, splitting the cost between two families, and only using it for one or two days of your vacation, can make it a little more worthwhile. You can also, theoretically, save money by cutting the number of days you need to stay on-property down, as you get way more done in the same timeframe than you would on your own. Guides can arrange for VIP viewing for parades/fireworks, act as your Fastpass for the day and, perhaps the best benefit, be your personal chauffeur. They pick you up right at your hotel and drive you into the park backstage, leaving the car as close to your first attraction of choice as possible. You can even drive backstage between attractions. The one time I had a plaid we parked by Dinosaur, walked over to Everest then to Safari. After we got off the Safari, we met back up with our guide who had the vehicle waiting backstage right by the attraction's exit, a/c blasting and cold water in hand. From there we were hitting the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Fastpass lane not 15 minutes later. It's a pretty amazing experience.

Having said all of that, the cost of this service has skyrocketed in the last five years, due in large part to high demand. One of those things where Disney CAN charge as much as they do, but there is a genuine question whether or not they SHOULD. At some point, even if the market can take the cost, it just becomes price gauging and, in turn, a PR issue.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They accommodate up to 10 people for that $3150. So while it is certainly a luxury, splitting the cost between two families, and only using it for one or two days of your vacation, can make it a little more worthwhile. You can also, theoretically, save money by cutting the number of days you need to stay on-property down, as you get way more done in the same timeframe than you would on your own. Guides can arrange for VIP viewing for parades/fireworks, act as your Fastpass for the day and, perhaps the best benefit, be your personal chauffeur. They pick you up right at your hotel and drive you into the park backstage, leaving the car as close to your first attraction of choice as possible. You can even drive backstage between attractions. The one time I had a plaid we parked by Dinosaur, walked over to Everest then to Safari. After we got off the Safari, we met back up with our guide who had the vehicle waiting backstage right by the attraction's exit, a/c blasting and cold water in hand. From there we were hitting the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Fastpass lane not 15 minutes later. It's a pretty amazing experience.

Having said all of that, the cost of this service has skyrocketed in the last five years, due in large part to high demand. One of those things where Disney CAN charge as much as they do, but there is a genuine question whether or not they SHOULD. At some point, even if the market can take the cost, it just becomes price gauging and, in turn, a PR issue.

3 years ago $200/hr with a 6 hr minimum - expensive but worth it as we had a couple of mobility limited relatives with us who got to do a lot more than they would have ordinarily at the MK.

But no way can i justify paying the current rates which are simply gouging no other words apply

peter11435

3 years ago $200/hr with a 6 hr minimum - expensive but worth it as we had a couple of mobility limited relatives with us who got to do a lot more than they would have ordinarily at the MK.

But no way can i justify paying the current rates which are simply gouging no other words apply
I wouldn't call it gouging since it's a service nobody needs. This is a luxury.

Eckert

Would you guys be okay with these extra upcharge opportunities if it were to increase the pay rate of their Cast Members?

mickeysaver

The only way that I can see us doing this was if we were insane enough to go at Christmas and/or had won the lottery. I love Disney, but I love my money more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom