New Tomorrowland Rock Paint Job

Peter Pano

A Guardians overlay would be so ideal. Put in Groot or Rocket Raccoon in place of the other animatronics. And you could still keep with the Mission: Breakout crap.

Even better, putting GotG here to replace Stitch in an area where they actually fit, could in effect save DHS and esp. Epcot from their presence, I'd call that a WIN-WIN-WIN!
Here's hoping...

SorcererMC

No, I think Ayn Randian philosophy was being pretty directly referenced. I don't know, perhaps you don't realise that's who the people you're all listening to are reading.
I sum up the earlier philosophical debate as rational self-interest (ie Rand) in a Hobbesian conflict-ridden world vs. enlightened self-interest in a world of Kantian ideals / cooperation.

What's wrong with Tomorrowland reflecting an optimistic vision of the future? I thought that was the point. We may have moved away from that as a society, but it doesn't mean that vision is no longer valid. I think the question is if the ensuing changes to Tomorrowland can pull off an optimistic vision successfully without being too saccharine for today's audience (both kids and adults).

I haven't been on it in awhile, but I could see SGE being made over as something like the Wall-E captain's office, that could be pretty cool w/ the 2001: Space Odyssey influence, and Wall-E has that environmental apocalypse angle that keeps it relevant. And it loosely fits as 'Pixar' w/ Buzz's SRS and Monsters, Inc. Maybe a missed opportunity; if they haven't it done it yet, they probably won't.

Edit: I'm certain that I'm plagiarizing this Wall-E idea but my memory is fuzzy. I'm just thinking in the context that Wall-E is a beloved character, and maybe it's LEGO version sold like hotcakes last Christmas? Merch options.

Last edited:

matt9112

Is that one pile of test rocks in the pictures the only ones that are painted so far, or are they painting all the rocks in TL?

budget cuts.....that is "ALL" of the rocks lmao jk i have no idea please disregard my joke entirely. (you wont get those 20 seconds back ever)

PhotoDave219

I was hoping this movie would be a success. That could have helped TL WDW transform to include style elements from this:
disney-s-tomorrowland-is-an-original-idea-and-you-should-be-excited-for-it-365716.jpg

But alas, I think I am the only one that loved this movie.

I enjoyed the concept of the movie. I think the biggest shortcoming of tomorrowland was that you see very little of it.

If youre advertising the hope and promise of a better tomorrow, then by all means, show it to me!

matt9112

I enjoyed the concept of the movie. I think the biggest shortcoming of tomorrowland was that you see very little of it.

If youre advertising the hope and promise of a better tomorrow, then by all means, show it to me!

i loved the first 3/4 of the movie but it just collapsed like a jenga tower. i agree on the looks...lots of sex appeal with that future. did enjoy the space mountain cameo too.

brihow

I may not be sold on the paint job yet but I am thrilled they are making changes and doing some much needed upkeep to the parks.

It is great to see so many areas getting some TLC. Even if it is way way late in getting it.

totally agree. It's reassuring to see any king of upkeep and renovation at this point. I especially hope the 'TLC' continues throughout Tomorrowland. I firmly believe once Avatar opens we'll be seeing lots of attention on the revitalization of Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom