Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Maeryk

Yeah.. go back and find old park open vids (from any of the parks, really) and old soundtracks.. some of that stuff was just.. horrible. I mean, not even nostalgia can make Glenn Campbell singing under the monorail any better.

I'm fine with SGE closing. However, I do sort of like Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, but I just feel like the two rides just don't fit in. Remember when Tomorrowland's theme was consistent? It had a Metropolis Science Center (featuring The Timekeeper, a show with a time machine), the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center (the ominous building in which Alien Encounter took place), an airport, metro system, plaza, a spaceport, restaurants with entertainment, and the theming was just beautiful. Now, it's a strange mish-mash of Disney IP's, rides that fit in with the theme of Tomorrowland since the start (TTA Peoplemover), rides that didn't fit in with the theme initially but now do (Space Mountain's current retro-futuristic style), and things that just don't fit in (Tomorrowland Speedway.)

Bairstow

I'm fine with SGE closing. However, I do sort of like Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, but I just feel like the two rides just don't fit in. Remember when Tomorrowland's theme was consistent? It had a Metropolis Science Center (featuring The Timekeeper, a show with a time machine), the Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center (the ominous building in which Alien Encounter took place), an airport, metro system, plaza, a spaceport, restaurants with entertainment, and the theming was just beautiful. Now, it's a strange mish-mash of Disney IP's, rides that fit in with the theme of Tomorrowland since the start (TTA Peoplemover), rides that didn't fit in with the theme initially but now do (Space Mountain's current retro-futuristic style), and things that just don't fit in (Tomorrowland Speedway.)

I really loved that late '90s version of Tomorrowland. Other than laugh floor's admittedly neat interactivity, could any of the changes they've made in the last 20 years be considered an upgrade?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom