Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Bairstow

So, what is the status for SGE? IT sounds like the replacement project might be delayed, but is it still on the table?

@Magic Feather @marni1971

Well If the rumors about their replacing or updating the Speedway are true, watch them just re-open Stitch for 3 more years for capacity reasons.

YNN53_s-200x150.gif

DisneyFanaticUK

Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, PeopleMover, Tom Sawyer Island, CoP, Liberty Belle, etc, are bastions of sanity in the park. They may not be everyone's favorite, but their a part of the fabric of the place, and escaping the crowds to take in a show or ride through them makes a day at MK better than being stuck in crowds and heat all day.

I'm an international traveller and I usually spend between 2-3 weeks on vacation in Orlando touring WDW and *ahem* the other theme parks. Attractions like the ones you listed above are crucial in making WDW worth visiting, don't get me wrong, I love E-Tickets attractions, but I don't want to spend my entire holiday waiting in 2 hour-long queues to experience a 90 second ride. Rides like the PeopleMover help break the day up and are very relaxing.

Disney and the other company are going down this route of turning every attraction into an E-Ticket screen-fest and I don't like it one bit.

If a new E-Ticket comes to Tomorrowland, I hope they 'balance' it out with a new lesser attraction to help with the crowds, ESPECIALLY if they close the speedway.

doctornick

I'm an international traveller and I usually spend between 2-3 weeks on vacation in Orlando touring WDW and *ahem* the other theme parks. Attractions like the ones you listed above are crucial in making WDW worth visiting, don't get me wrong, I love E-Tickets attractions, but I don't want to spend my entire holiday waiting in 2 hour-long queues to experience a 90 second ride. Rides like the PeopleMover help break the day up and are very relaxing.

Disney and the other company are going down this route of turning every attraction into an E-Ticket screen-fest and I don't like it one bit.

If a new E-Ticket comes to Tomorrowland, I hope they 'balance' it out with a new lesser attraction to help with the crowds, ESPECIALLY if they close the speedway.

Agree totally. I think that those "break up the day" attractions are what are sorely missing from the other parks at WDW (particularly DHS) and all of them could use more. And it can't be scheduled shows because those are not really convenient to just walk up to and do, but it can be walk throughs, themed transportation, continuous shows, or just areas to explore (I'd toss the animal trails at DAK into these category as well).

I actually think that the secondary attractions that complimented the headliners are what really made Disney parks so endearing in their early years and I'm not sure leadership today recognizes their value.

FullSailDan

Agree totally. I think that those "break up the day" attractions are what are sorely missing from the other parks at WDW (particularly DHS) and all of them could use more. And it can't be scheduled shows because those are not really convenient to just walk up to and do, but it can be walk throughs, themed transportation, continuous shows, or just areas to explore (I'd toss the animal trails at DAK into these category as well).

I actually think that the secondary attractions that complimented the headliners are what really made Disney parks so endearing in their early years and I'm not sure leadership today recognizes their value.

On the flip side, we have seen a number of walk throughs, short films, etc added at DHS during for star wars and Frozen so I think they understand them. Epcot is almost entirely "break up the day attractions" and has the reverse problem.

thepirateking

Has there ever been an actual ride with vehicles in the SGE space? It's hard to tell from the aerial images.

Just trying to think of what they have to work with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom