Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Is there really something big coming to Tomorroland? Becasue if they moved, or removed, the Speedway, they could add a lot of stuff to both Fantasyland and Tomorrowland ...personally I'd rather see new fully themed out version of The Tomorrowland Speedway, on a landscape of those new, metallic blue rocks they added to the entrance of Tomorrowland
NFL2-Tomorrowland7.jpg
I like your thinking! I would think that your potential FL expansion area cut in half to share with TL and the area above Space Mountain, that to be also potential room for New Tomorrowland area.

SteamboatJoe

Tiki Room, Country Bear Jamboree, PeopleMover, Tom Sawyer Island, CoP, Liberty Belle, etc, are bastions of sanity in the park. They may not be everyone's favorite, but their a part of the fabric of the place, and escaping the crowds to take in a show or ride through them makes a day at MK better than being stuck in crowds and heat all day.

This is true. I would add Philharmagic and the Railroad to that list too. These types of attractions fill out the day. You have FP for the really popular stuff but it's nice to have other attractions with next to no wait that you can spontaneously visit.

I thoroughly enjoy every single one of the attractions listed. Short lines, historic in one way or another, high quality, and relaxing.

Tavernacle12

They could go one of two ways with the finale for CoP, set it in an advanced version of the present day (robots, advanced VR, 3D printing, drones) or set it in the far future. The former may make things a bit easier for them, actually, as they can reframe it as the potential of today.

EricsBiscuit

Maybe they'll add the Big Hero 6 flat ride going into TDL as part of Speedway replacement or to replace SGE. If they do add it though, it should be towards the end of TL where the aesthetic matches.

Aries1975

But what of his idea? Do you revert it back to it's original version or do you try to update the final scene as they have (which has resulted in a weak mish-mash of time periods)? Or do they, similar to his idea, update each scene to spiritually represent what the Carousel of Progress was originally about, although set in contemporary times? I'm not usually a "make things new for a contemporary audience" kind of person, but... *hides*.. I do think it's what Walt would've done. And a 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s version would be interesting.

First post... Long time lurker...
I always thought they should spread the time frames out further. Instead of every 20 years and then a big jump for the final scene, do every forty years: 1900, 1940, 1980, 2020. They already have most of the props. They would need to re-write the script for the seasons to work with new decades. Just my two cents... :)

doctornick

Probably not since it's another clone of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree/Alien Swirling Saucers.

It probably wouldn't be the worse thing to add as an extra ride to a planned expansion in TL (no reason they can't have a similar ride to the Alien one in a different park) but I think Big Hero 6 would be a better fit for Epcot. I mean, if they are determined to use IPs in Epcot, BH6 is likely the best option they could have for FW.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
A new sign and paintwork did wonders.

And just think what a new final scene could do for attendance!

New Final Scene Stage Scrim:

FMlvHLz.jpg

New Final Scene Script:

[Father] "Well, it looks like the nuclear fallout is going to be light today. What year is it? Oh, that's hard to say, but it's been a bit since the missiles started flying. And believe me, things couldn’t be any worse than they are today. Yes sir, buildings are pretty much all leveled, and communications are a thing of the past. We have almost 200 warring factions in this country, and I even hear tell about a guy in what used to be Norway who is working on a concept of government based on lemurs. (Chuckles.) It’ll never work.

Closer to the rubble of our home, we’ve now got zombies, maniacal robots, and the latest in rampaging diseases. Our car is the last of the V8 interceptors, and can run on a bunch of different fuels, when you can find any that is. And isn’t our new minefield a beauty? Look at that! Marauders don't get anywhere near as close to our tent as they used to, and our dog Rover here enjoys the fireworks at night. Hard to believe that once the MyMagic+ system became self-aware it took less than a day for it to destroy the planet. (Chuckles) I guess people were right to fear Bob Iger, oh, haha, I'm sorry, I forgot - we're calling him Emperor Iger now! Same kind of thing, different name. Yes sir, we’ve got everything we need for the end of the world.

:D

Last edited:

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
And just think what a new final scene could do for attendance!

New Final Scene Stage Scrim:

IMG_0878.jpg

New Final Scene Script:

[Father] "Well, it looks like the nuclear fallout is going to be light today. What year is it? Oh, that's hard to say, but it's been a bit since the missiles started flying. And believe me, things couldn’t be any worse than they are today. Yes sir, buildings are pretty much all leveled, and communications are a thing of the past. We have almost 200 warring factions in this country, and I even hear tell about a guy in what used to be Norway who is working on a concept of government based on lemurs. (Chuckles.) It’ll never work.

Closer to the rubble of our home, we’ve now got zombies, maniacal robots, and the latest in rampaging diseases. Our car is the last of the V8 interceptors, and can run on a bunch of different fuels, when you can find any that is. And isn’t our new minefield a beauty? Look at that! Marauders don't get anywhere near as close to our tent as they used to, and our dog Rover here enjoys the fireworks at night. Hard to believe that once the MyMagic+ system became self-aware it took less than a day for it to destroy the planet. (Chuckles) I guess people were right to fear Bob Iger, oh, haha, I'm sorry, I forgot - we're calling him Emperor Iger now! Same kind of thing, different name. Yes sir, we’ve got everything we need for the end of the world.

:D
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I always get excited when you post something. But plan C as in other things happening first? Or as in they're gonna do 3 things and this is part 3 of the whole?

I believe "Plan C" as in the third option from his quote earlier this year...

For the (unofficial) record there seems to be four speedway options - none of which I emphasise so far as I know are a done deal.

Overhaul and overlay the existing attraction

Radically alter and overlay the concept but change it.

Radically alter and overlay the concept but change it as part of a bigger project

Fully remove the existing attraction for something new

Should any of these happen the attraction and the area around it will receive a very welcome update.

And of course this is (mostly) unconnected to the SGE project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom