Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Daveeeeed

I would like to mention that the land looks the best it has this decade.

From the lighting, to new minor changes like signs, color schemes, and just generally a better upkeep of the land has taken it a long way. Can't wait for the full fledge redo!!!

Was there Saturday, and it really has become a joy again just to spend the evening at Tomorrowland.

HMF

From the lighting, to new minor changes like signs, color schemes, and just generally a better upkeep of the land has taken it a long way. Can't wait for the full fledge redo!!!

Was there Saturday, and it really has become a joy again just to spend the evening at Tomorrowland.
It should hopefully only get better from here.

Marc Davis Fan

Agreed, but there's one black eye, IMHO: That cheap-looking stage really needs to be removed or replaced.

clemmo

Has anybody heard what this project might entail? I'd think SGE replacement by the 50th but I wonder what else would be included.

The Empress Lilly

They keep it turned off intentionally. When it's on, it keeps dumping people on the crowded platform even if they have no place to go!
Unbelievable. Right there, the meanness and incompetence of modern WDW.

For forty years WDW's esteemed guests moved up by effortless escalator. Now, WDW lets guests - small kids, pensioners - walk up a steep ramp in the 200F Florida heat because they can't figure out how to manage crowd control. Or at least, figure out how to in a way that doesn't cost them $2.45 a day.

Edit: and to think you have to climb that escalator to loud noise from the horrid stage behind you, and nonsense alien toonland in front of you.

What have they done to my paradise... :'(

bcoachable

Marni and Magic feather- question for you guys- does the apparent drop in attendance numbers motivate the decision makers to get moving with plans at all?
Progress seems soooo sloooowwww!!! Not just in Tomorrowland but Epcot etc...

Kman101

Marni and Magic feather- question for you guys- does the apparent drop in attendance numbers motivate the decision makers to get moving with plans at all?

It really does. Not sure why Epcot can't get the spine project going. Energy replacement going. Why shove it off?

Because they want some gimmick marketing ploy where they can tout "50 Things For The 50th?". I guess at least they have a schedule but still ...

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Was reading a great article today about the attendance at WDW and other Disney Parks dropping... Talked about how the ticket prices keep increases and the attendance keeps dropping across parks. Asking the bold question, who would be the 1st park to start to cutting ticket prices... And would that draw more people into a park to make up for the price cutting? Food for thought.

Notes from Neverland

Was reading a great article today about the attendance at WDW and other Disney Parks dropping... Talked about how the ticket prices keep increases and the attendance keeps dropping across parks. Asking the bold question, who would be the 1st park to start to cutting ticket prices... And would that draw more people into a park to make up for the price cutting? Food for thought.

As long as profits continue to rise, I can't see anything being done about attendance. Crowds are still massive. People are spending more than ever. If you're Disney, you don't see a problem.

EricsBiscuit

I was on Peoplemover a month or so ago and the escalator thing was on, then it turned off when I was half through the line! Bummer... It and CoP do seem to be pulling larger crowds now in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom