Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

clemmo

I'd be shocked if SGE gets replaced with anything other than some kind of simulator. Is TL getting the most major work for the 50th or is it possible we see new additions elsewhere?

WDWTank

True, but does the Toy Story Franchise really need 4 attractions from 2 WDW theme parks combined?

Toy Story is a great Franchise, but Disney also has a lot of other IPS they could use.

That is almost as bad as DHS having 4 Star Wars attraction open in 2019 that counts Star Tours and Star Wars Launch Bay. I call that bad because Star Tours and Star Wars Launch Bay are outside of Star Wars Land.

Star Wars is very popular, but having attractions outside of Star Land at DHS is a big problem multiple ways including Star Wars Launch Bay could be use for other ips in the parks instead of waiting who knows when after 2019.
Yeah, but it's not a grocery store

drizgirl

True, but does the Toy Story Franchise really need 4 attractions from 2 WDW theme parks combined?

Toy Story is a great Franchise, but Disney also has a lot of other IPS they could use.

That is almost as bad as DHS having 4 Star Wars attraction open in 2019 that counts Star Tours and Star Wars Launch Bay. I call that bad because Star Tours and Star Wars Launch Bay are outside of Star Wars Land.

Star Wars is very popular, but having attractions outside of Star Land at DHS is a big problem multiple ways including Star Wars Launch Bay could be use for other ips in the parks instead of waiting who knows when after 2019.
There are rumors that Star Tours and Launch Bay will close (or at least be rethemed) when the new land opens.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There are rumors that Star Tours and Launch Bay will close (or at least be rethemed) when the new land opens.

Actually, Star Tours will have a SW-life for at least one or two years past the opening of SWL because it will get another scene from Episode 9. Plus, it will help ease the burden of the SW fanaticism that will overwhelm the new land during its infancy.

Launch Bay has had rumors of going away both before and after SWL opens. Then, there's the usual Disney inertia that likes things to continue in their same state, even if slowly deteriorating, for years until they decide to do a big change, which can take years in itself.

WDWTank

Actually, Star Tours will have a SW-life for at least one or two years past the opening of SWL because it will get another scene from Episode 9. Plus, it will help ease the burden of the SW fanaticism that will overwhelm the new land during its infancy.

Launch Bay has had rumors of going away both before and after SWL opens. Then, there's the usual Disney inertia that likes things to continue in their same state, even if slowly deteriorating, for years until they decide to do a big change, which can take years in itself.
They should replace Launch Bay with the Mickey Ride! And it would actually make sense there! ;)

wdwfan4ver

I did read about rumors that Star Tours will be Closing in 2021.

I never could get a straight answer from a reading standpoint on Star Wars Launch Bay when its going away and nothing in what will be replacing it.

Star Wars Launch has the possibility of being one Disney's "temporary" things that actually is around much longer than it supposed to like what happened to Camp Mickey and Minnie at AK. That meet and Great was supposed to be temporary, but it took Avatarland to get a rid of it. The Magic Wand at Epcot is another example of something that was supposed to be Temporary, but took down years later. There are even more examples of Disney claiming "Temporary" when its not and its something I don't want to go into full detail.

Last edited:

FigmentForver96

I wonder.. cant they work on the new mickey ride BEHIND the launch bay? and then just finish the themeing when demolishing the Launch bay when another store goes up at SWL?
I say even use some of the original building. Use some of the original queue, use the pre-shoe area as a new pre-show without seats, then move into a new building and more queue. After the ride work it so the building dumps into the animation lobby. Meet Mickey, draw Mickey etc

Biff215

I wonder.. cant they work on the new mickey ride BEHIND the launch bay? and then just finish the themeing when demolishing the Launch bay when another store goes up at SWL?
They certainly could, but apparently don't want to. If this is really about opening a Mickey ride in 2019 with SWL, then using GMR probably is the only way to get it done in time. Problem is it won't add any capacity, so while new, it likely won't offset the crowds as much as building a new attraction. It's unfortunate, but it appears Disney isn't interested in spending the money to salvage GMR, nor keep the maintenance and labor costs associated with it. We can see how shortsighted this is for the park's future, unfortunately they only see the financial side.

HMF

They certainly could, but apparently don't want to. If this is really about opening a Mickey ride in 2019 with SWL, then using GMR probably is the only way to get it done in time. Problem is it won't add any capacity, so while new, it likely won't offset the crowds as much as building a new attraction. It's unfortunate, but it appears Disney isn't interested in spending the money to salvage GMR, nor keep the maintenance and labor costs associated with it. We can see how shortsighted this is for the park's future, unfortunately they only see the financial side.
They could also retheme the Animation Cortyard facades to look like the Disney Studios in the 1930s to help it fit in better with Hollywood Blvd.
Again,why I think dropping the Studio angle completely is wrong-headed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom