Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
What if Moana took over for Aladdin? Riding Waves instead of flying a magic carpet, yes please! Then use Tiki as its queue and a meet & story time show.

If the birds get to live longer... (which they should)... DHS or a future restaurant, I'd be entertained with them for a queue show.

RoysCabin

But Enchanted Tales with Moana is new and full of pixie dust magic that the modern guest is wanting! :p

What a waste that would be if that's all Moana gets.

It does seem we come to that last point a lot of late, right? Big challenge there is just how quickly Disney pumps out films these days, which makes picking which ones "deserve" the royal treatment when getting a theme park attraction pretty tough. This is where a fifth gate in WDW would be very welcomed; there simply may not be the space currently to accommodate so many new properties that have come pouring out over the past decade or so.

Ha, and yeah, some were spitballing MST3K attraction ideas before; I, for one, would gladly welcome "Blast Hardcheese's Boiler Room Go Kart Chasers/Floor Buffers Adventure".

cheezbat

It does seem we come to that last point a lot of late, right? Big challenge there is just how quickly Disney pumps out films these days, which makes picking which ones "deserve" the royal treatment when getting a theme park attraction pretty tough. This is where a fifth gate in WDW would be very welcomed; there simply may not be the space currently to accommodate so many new properties that have come pouring out over the past decade or so.

Agreed.

So Moana can replace a classic like the Tiki Room yet Jungle Book has NOTHING and Aladdin only has a cheap spinner to represent it in the parks? Come on TDO! Get with it already!

cheezbat

Are you suggesting a jungle book overlay for the jungle cruise? :eek:
Haha nope...

Just saying certain very memorable films have little to no representation in the parks. Knowing there's nothing but meet and greets for their characters is sad to me. (Well that, and a silly spinner)

Aladdin deserves a dark ride in Adventureland. Jungle Book deserves one in Animal Kingdom.

FigmentJedi

Didn't they already try that with King Louie at one point? Seems like I remember that......
You're thinking of the McDonalds toy from Disneyland's 40th.

fct_72325cd2471908d.jpg

The only proposed IP overlay to Jungle Cruise I can think of was when they were considering turning it into the George of the Jungle Cruise in the 90s.

SosoDude

You're thinking of the McDonalds toy from Disneyland's 40th.

The only proposed IP overlay to Jungle Cruise I can think of was when they were considering turning it into the George of the Jungle Cruise in the 90s.
No.... Louie was there by the temple... I swear. Or I'm crazy. Or I'm bringing back some WDWMagic nostalgia of a classic thread from a few years back.....Look it up for some cringe worthy entertainment. ..

Princess Leia

Agreed.

So Moana can replace a classic like the Tiki Room yet Jungle Book has NOTHING and Aladdin only has a cheap spinner to represent it in the parks? Come on TDO! Get with it already!
It's kind of remarkable that Aladdin and Jungle Book don't have better footprints in the parks.

Aladdin is currently represented by M&Gs, three spinners, a walk through attraction, and a show with the Genie in Tokyo (and formally represented in Anaheim with the show, and Orlando with a themed restaurant).

The Jungle Book... Well, there are Meet & Greets, and there's a pizza restaurant named after Colonel Hathi in Paris, and there was a poorly received show at Animal Kingdom last summer... and that's about it.

Create a flying carpet coaster about the Cave of Wonders in Adventureland, and add a dark boat ride about The Bare Necessities in Animal Kingdom. Problem solved.

As for Moana, the property needs a boat ride. It just fits.

RoysCabin

Haha nope...

Just saying certain very memorable films have little to no representation in the parks. Knowing there's nothing but meet and greets for their characters is sad to me. (Well that, and a silly spinner)

Aladdin deserves a dark ride in Adventureland. Jungle Book deserves one in Animal Kingdom.

Honestly, this is a large part of why I'm not typically enthused by the IP-influx; in an era where Disney has its hands on so many different properties, where they're pumping out movies left and right via their own animation studio, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, etc., the rush to add more and more of them to the parks is just, at a certain point, not fully realistic.

It's the distant past at this point, but in a previous era just about all Disney IP-driven attractions were confined to Fantasyland in the castle parks. Sure, there were a few exceptions, but something like, say, Swiss Family Treehouse was blended in seamlessly with the "story" that's told in the layout of Adventureland, and was not exactly created to sell much in the way of Swiss Family Robinson merchandise or anything.

Ultimately, that becomes an issue for me; Adventureland and Frontierland (and Liberty Square, in Orlando) were designed with some specific ideas in mind, typically in a "timeline" pattern - Adventureland is meant to move from an "unsettled", more wild look into a sort of Spanish colonial setting as you move from Jungle Cruise toward an attraction like Pirates, while Liberty Square to Frontierland in essence creates a moving frontier line of American history, with Orlando's Haunted Mansion evoking colonial Hudson river patroon estates, the Hall of Presidents being more along the lines of Revolutionary Philadelphia, then Frontierland signifying the move toward St. Louis and points beyond (with Thunder Mountain/Mesa signifying the far west). Yes, I shamelessly lifted that observation from Foxxy over at Passport to Dreams...and if you aren't reading her Passport to Dreams Old and New blog, what exactly are you waiting for?...but the act of working in various animated films/characters and whatnot into those well-planned and themed layouts creates great challenges with regards to maintaining thematic integrity.

Given that Fantasyland in Orlando isn't going to grow again anytime soon, it's why I'd more appreciate a fifth gate opening: there may be properties people feel "deserve" more than they have in the current parks, but the current parks were intentionally crafted in such a way that some properties, even ones with some connection to the themes of Adventure/Frontier/Tomorrow/etc., can still throw the whole effect off.

Bocabear

Honestly, this is a large part of why I'm not typically enthused by the IP-influx; in an era where Disney has its hands on so many different properties, where they're pumping out movies left and right via their own animation studio, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, etc., the rush to add more and more of them to the parks is just, at a certain point, not fully realistic.

It's the distant past at this point, but in a previous era just about all Disney IP-driven attractions were confined to Fantasyland in the castle parks. Sure, there were a few exceptions, but something like, say, Swiss Family Treehouse was blended in seamlessly with the "story" that's told in the layout of Adventureland, and was not exactly created to sell much in the way of Swiss Family Robinson merchandise or anything.

Ultimately, that becomes an issue for me; Adventureland and Frontierland (and Liberty Square, in Orlando) were designed with some specific ideas in mind, typically in a "timeline" pattern - Adventureland is meant to move from an "unsettled", more wild look into a sort of Spanish colonial setting as you move from Jungle Cruise toward an attraction like Pirates, while Liberty Square to Frontierland in essence creates a moving frontier line of American history, with Orlando's Haunted Mansion evoking colonial Hudson river patroon estates, the Hall of Presidents being more along the lines of Revolutionary Philadelphia, then Frontierland signifying the move toward St. Louis and points beyond (with Thunder Mountain/Mesa signifying the far west). Yes, I shamelessly lifted that observation from Foxxy over at Passport to Dreams...and if you aren't reading her Passport to Dreams Old and New blog, what exactly are you waiting for?...but the act of working in various animated films/characters and whatnot into those well-planned and themed layouts creates great challenges with regards to maintaining thematic integrity.

Given that Fantasyland in Orlando isn't going to grow again anytime soon, it's why I'd more appreciate a fifth gate opening: there may be properties people feel "deserve" more than they have in the current parks, but the current parks were intentionally crafted in such a way that some properties, even ones with some connection to the themes of Adventure/Frontier/Tomorrow/etc., can still throw the whole effect off.
5th gate!?! they dont have enough attractions in the 4 other parks now... If they can't figure out how to put Disney Movie based attractions into the Disney Movie themed park without rehashing the crappy Toy Storyland junk, how are they going to figure out how to create a whole 5th theme park full of attractions...If they did that they would probably have to borrow heavily from TDS as the idea...
but the biggest problem they face is allocating the money to actually do it and complete it...Not another half-built park that straggles on for decades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom