New Theme Park: Shadowlands

space*mt*ranger

im liking this so far,i think like someone said before you sohuld make a website and post all of this on it w/your pictures.id really enjoy it if youd post your pictures because i really like this park so far;)

Attachments

• indyadventure.jpg
    indyadventure.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 215

wagner92

Original Poster
The whole point of this park is to celebrate Disney Villans and if it doesn't tie in to a movie with the villan, then there is nothing there. Know what I mean? And like I said, as soon as I figure out my blasted computer, they will be up, last night I whipped up two more concept sketches of the complex of Angkor Wat (theming) for the Jungle Book Ride.

wagner92

Original Poster
Finally the update you have all been waiting for :D .... no, its not the pictures, :mad: its just an outline of Creepy Castles which I never did post... last night after researching through many books of Paris, and London, I solidified the design of Creepy Castles.... (By the way, research is a big thing to sell the park.) Starting from the north, you encounter Paris... a courtyard with the Festival of Fools going full blast while Notre Dame de Paris rises behind it, or by taking the second bridge, you can see forests ahead which house the Headless Horseman ride. But before you got to that, there would be an open area to your left, (facing South) and the long bridge leads to Maleficent's castle... and there may be an AA dragon (Maleficent her self!) over the bridge, daring you to enter under her and into the castle... much like the dashing Prince Phillip did. Or you could turn left and go into Paris again, or turn left and go into London. London would be another courtyard with Big Ben and Ratcliffe awaiting you. London would also have Mickey Mouse! in Mad Doctor and Lonesome Ghosts. (Which brings me to yet another point, I forgot to mention that most of the lands would have a Mickey Mouse episode or Ducktales in it... like Ancient Jungle would do something with the classic comic with Donald Duck and El Dorado, while Tropik Lagoon would have Donald Duck and Captain Morgan.) Just around the corner from London would be Cruella De Vil's mansion in the back end of the woods... (Approaching the forest from the North, it's Headless Horseman... approaching the forest from the South, it's Cruella De Vil... get it?) I know I need pictures... however, how can I post them... I do not have internet access at my house and the library doesn't have scanners.... so I'm stuck. Unless anyone has ideas? Anyone?

StarscreamLSU

Hmmm, no offence - but some of those ideas just seem a little to complex\overdone.

This is just my personal opinion, but it feels like you're trying to cram too much into one park and are nearing, if not at the point of just having things being plain overdone. It also feels like you're not fully thinking out things, just doing them to do them. You're missing the tiny details. For example- the giant AA dragon - what do to when it rains at the park? Just the little things that I like ot think about.

The park also feels a little much like 'coaster, coaster, coaster'...which isn't for everyone. I mean, you have to take into account families with small children, expectant women, people which medical conditions...again, going back to not seeing the details and full scope of things.

I best what I'm trying to say can be summed up with a line from Amadeus:

"There are simply...too many notes"

and remember - a thrill doesn't have to mean being turned upside down ;)

goofy

U MAY NOT LIKE WAT I AM ABOUT TO SAY!!!!!!!!!

To be honest i like the sound of a dark Magic Kingdom but think the way u have done it is crap. Am soory but thats my opinion.

From wat u have said u have a few lands each containg a rollercoaster or two and a show with a play park to keep the kids happy.

At one point u talked abut 4 different colored rollercosters fire,ice etc. like disney would ever go for that They barely have 4 coasters in wdw let alone in 1 park. Plus u talk about a duelling dagons type rollercoaster thats another 2. You mentioned more as well.

U dont seem to have thought of the major stumbling block

MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

something which disney dont seem to have at the minute (for more rides and parks anyway) All theses coaters will cost loads and all the theming (which seems to me to be different varities of trees) and the AA on the rides will cost way to much.

Now i am sorry if that has offended you but all the other posts were positive and i just dont like your Ideas. I like the DArk AMgic Kingdom idea but not the way you have done it i am sorry it does not appeal to me at all.

Once again i apologise if i offended you.

Its just to compicated and two many coasters

Maybe some pictures or a map would help

But hey the others like so maybe it is just me and anyway i dont have a clue about arctecture (can even spell it) or designing. Your ideas seem to appeal to the majority so i back u in presenting them to Disney i just dont like them but think with some help then maybe it would work

Show them to Disney and see wat they say like i say i know nothin and Disney know alot more than me. GO FOR IT!!!!!

wagner92

Original Poster
Hey, that's fine... everyone is entitled to their opinion. But let me clarify a little bit. Shadowlands would be a lot like Epcot-World Showcase in that the lands would be themed to make it feel like you just stepped into the movie.. for example... A subland in Desert Oasis is called Agrabah Adventures... and it looks like and is very similar to the layout of Agrabah that is visible in the very beginning of Aladdin. Keep in mind everything is theoretical. What are the chances that Disney will go for anything on any of the posts here? It's called a dark Magic Kingdom, because of the fact it's the opposite of Magic Kingdom... more thrill rides.. etc. However I am very mindful of NOT making it like Islands of Adventure, which is a poor excuse for a park... all the theming does is lead you from one coaster to the other. (I did like the rides though.) Yeah, I realize it would be a ridiculous amount of money. But so would everything else on the various posts. I will try to get something up... I know pictures would help tremendously... maybe when i get my new laptop this month...

wagner92

Original Poster
Hey everybody!
I've been busy for a long time. So I haven't had a chance to update my Shadowlands post. Some of you may be asking what's the point now? The point is that I have a website now!!!! However, it is under construction and be patient with me, I still am going to college full time and working two jobs, one which is with an architecture firm. What I want from you is information... what else should I have on my site? I don't just want to have shadowlands on it... here's the link, however I don't anticipate having much done for a while... keep checking though!!! Please email me at wagner92@hotmail.com and let me know what else you want to see on the website. Input is appreciated!!!! Remember I have contacts with Imagineers at Disney, so this would be a glorified Resume page actually. Perhaps I could also use it as an auction site for disney collectables... most provided by you... I would probably let you auction off your Disney stuff for free... or do something like 1 dollar per sale.

http://www.geocities.com/wagner92_83/shadowlands.html

Jimengland

wagner92 are you missing half a brain? 'cos if you are I think I may have it. Your ideas sound exactly like some I came up with in the early summer, I know oyu couldn't have taken any of them as I didn't show anyone. Not all of the ideas are the same, you have tought of way more to put in your park, but a couple are exactly the same as mine. Oh well I just thought I would say that, spooky eh?:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom