New theme park competition coming for WDW in Florida!

Progress.City

Original Poster
It's being built by the same company that owns the largest mall, which is in Canada. That mall has a water park and other attractions. This mall looks like it will play up the the theme park aspect of it even more. It's competition no matter how you slice it. This may be the reason why some families decide to spend an extra day in Miami versus Orlando when they plan their Florida vacation!

PhotoDave219

Progress.City

Original Poster
Miami is pretty miserable.
We're getting All Aboard Florida, which is a fast conventional train to Orlando, and multi-billion dollar mega developments for downtown that will transform the look of the city to something right out of science fiction! Miami is gonna be hot in the near future!

Progress.City

Original Poster
This specific project yes but the *Company decides to build some form of entertainment in florida, could this be competition for Disney/incentive for them to shape up?* type threads are quite common :I
I had to give it a WDW angle to make it fit in this thread. That's why I give it its subject name.

The Empress Lilly

Don't know if this has made the news in Orlando, but a new Florida theme park has just been approved for Miami that could become competition for WDW!

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...ticle18503702.html#/tabPane=tabs-b0710947-1-1
If build it will definitely impact tourism patterns. Not so much as direct competition. I think it will strengthen cruises, and strengthen Miami as a cruise destination. And it will certainly impact the ever-growing South American market with their love for ostentatious spending.

The company that owns and runs the largest mall in America wants to build an even bigger one in northwestern Miami-Dade, a roughly 200-acre entertainment complex with submarines, a Legoland, sea lions and an artificial ski slope.

Backed by the owner of Minnesota’s Mall of America, American Dream Miami is proposed for land at the intersection of Florida’s Turnpike and Interstate 75 near Miami Lakes. It’s projected to cost as much as $4 billion to build and employ 25,000 people once opened, more than enough to give it Miami-Dade’s largest private-sector payroll.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom