New "Tangled" themed area

PhilharMagician

Having shopped for Rapunzel merchandise recently, I can tell you that her merchandise is currently outselling the other princesses by far. At both Toys R Us and the Disney Store it was not uncommon to see that Rapunzel was explicity excluded in the print ads for deals on princess merch. My guess is that is at least a part of the motivation for the special treatment.

Rapunzel will fade? Like how Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Ariel, and Belle have faded?

Doubt it. Rapunzel is a new princess who is both strong and feminine. She will remain very popular with little girls.

Let's all hope that I am wrong about Repunzel fading in popularity in a few years. It has happened before and could happen again. I would personally like to see a more generic themed area and then add Repunzel M&G than theme an area after a movie that has been around for 14 months. The movie did gross well being like the 8th highest grossing film on 2010, but I am not sure that is always the answer. BTW it is definately not in the top 5 of my Disney favorites staring the pricesses. The movie is good, but not great.

Even more of an issue is drawing more people into that corner of FL. It is a mess there now and it does not need more people attracted to that area. The new area being developed and the added walkway around the Yankee Trader will help, but the bottleneck will still occur in the narrow area between PP and iaSW and also at the pinch point between the Columbia Harbor House and the HM FP canopy. The old Belle's Story Time location that Repunzel is now is a great location and it keeps the some people in that quiet out of the way area of MK.

Ignohippo

I love that they're using the space for a M & G, and have nothing against Repunzel, but wouldn't the space be better utilized as Pixie Hollow given it's proximity to Pan?

Captain Chaos

I really don't see Rapunzel fading any time soon... Actually, I don't see her fading any time at all.. She is a Disney princess, they will promote the heck out of her... She'll remain as popular as the other princesses...

Timothy_Q

Seems like Princess fairytale Hall is now going to be a complete waste of space... three princesses only??? Forget Princess Fairytale Hall.. move Cinderella to the area where Rapunzel is now, by the Castle... Move Tiana to Liberty Square by the riverboat, or on the river boat (I know not the best space for her since it isn't New Orleans, but at least the river boat makes sense theme-wise)... And I am sure they could find a space for Aurora somewhere in Fantasyland...

This needs to happen, everything fits so nicely like this.

And the idea of each princess having their own place is much better than throwing them all together

Captain Chaos

This needs to happen, everything fits so nicely like this.

And the idea of each princess having their own place is much better than throwing them all together

I'd have no problem with Princess Fairy Tale Hall (I wouldn't visit it) if they had more than three princesses in that building... But, if Rapunzel is going to be doing M&G in the new area, that makes only 3 for the Hall... And to me, that is a waste of space... Especially when the princesses can be spread out in Fantasyland...

Like I said with Tiana, she is really the only one who is sort of out of place since there is no New Orleans themed area in MK, unlike New Orleans Square in DL... But again, the riverboat is the perfect backdrop for her, since it comes the closest in theme...

Timothy_Q

I'd have no problem with Princess Fairy Tale Hall (I wouldn't visit it) if they had more than three princesses in that building... But, if Rapunzel is going to be doing M&G in the new area, that makes only 3 for the Hall... And to me, that is a waste of space... Especially when the princesses can be spread out in Fantasyland...

Like I said with Tiana, she is really the only one who is sort of out of place since there is no New Orleans themed area in MK, unlike New Orleans Square in DL... But again, the riverboat is the perfect backdrop for her, since it comes the closest in theme...

I wouldn't have a problem with the Hall, if they built it somewhere else.

Has it been confirmed that Snow White will be meeting by the mine train? I don't remember reading anything official about what was going inside her house

devoy1701

I thought the movie was horrid...lacking depth, and full of ridiculous one liners...why on earth are we devoting a whole area to her.

I should note that I was a tad drunk on red wine when I watched this...so my attention span might have suffered just a wee bit.

ToTBellHop

I thought the movie was horrid...lacking depth, and full of ridiculous one liners...why on earth are we devoting a whole area to her.

I should note that I was a tad drunk on red wine when I watched this...so my attention span might have suffered just a wee bit.

I liked it:shrug:

Captain Chaos

Because the movie was well liked and well received and Rapunzel has become a popular character... If the wait times for her M&G are any indication, her popularity will not wane any time soon...

NewfieFan

Sure, if Pixie Hollow wasn't a failure.

And yet you can't get anywhere near Tinkerbell and friends without a long wait.

I would like there to be a little Pixie Hollow somewhere in the MK and across from Peter Pan is as good as a spot as any but I'm ok with Tangled too. I just hope they bring back Flynn!

And lebeau you daughters are way cute! The little one is growing up so much!

lebeau

And lebeau you daughters are way cute! The little one is growing up so much!

Thanks! Naturally, I agree.

Kara is in the throes of princess-mania. She asks to go to Disney World and hug the princesses daily. She wants to know when the castle will be open. It's gotten to the point where we are planning a trip primarily for the princess meet and greets.

We are Disney marketing's dream and a lot of forum members' nightmare, basically.

drew81

Original Poster
All of the specific details aren't known yet on Fairytale Hall. I haven't heard what princesses will be going there.

As far as Rapunzel, this is all still rumored. I'm not sure if or when she will move to a new location.

lunchbox1175

I would imagine that they will turn the old M&G area into a new one for Princess Merida (i think that is her name, the new one from Brave). They could turn it into a little stonehenge area.

djkidkaz

A whole area?! Shes getting a corner next to the bathrooms, LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom