Tiffins - A new table service restaurant coming to Discovery Island at Disney's Animal Kingdom

French Quarter

I always get breakfast there when I first arrive at DAK, and I always thought it was pretty decent. Never been for other meals though.

For some reason, we always had breakfast there too and thought it was quite good. I hope whatever they replace it with will have some sort of quick breakfast option. Those are lacking in AK.

I wonder if there is a way to connect AKL and AK by train or transportation (besides bus). I love the look of AKL and would consider staying there but it's so far removed from everything and having to take a bus everywhere (including AK) is a real deal breaker. When you can walk from Bay Lake Tower to MK or catch a monorail to Epcot, the choice is made for me, even as a DVC member who would love to check out other places.

This is a fantastic idea. Seems like the prime spot to offer some sort of non-bus transportation.

DisneyDebRob

Put me in the same boat. I own at AKL (and SSR and VWL) but am staying at BLT next week because I'm taking my parents. Its just way easier on the monorail. AKL is still my favorite though. @Fox&Hound if you haven't stayed there, give it a go. It's phenomenal. Kidani splash area is fantastic if you have littles, and outside of Grand Floridian- there isn't a better restaurant selection out there (Id rank GF and AKL 1A and 1B).
Its also the only resort that has several activities to do for free. Culinary tours, face painting, story telling, music classes, etc. For me, when I got DVC, I started slowing down a little more knowing I have another 50 yrs of WDW :D So thats why I prefer AKL when its just us. I hang a little more and don't mind the bus ride as much.
Although BCV is a close 2nd favorite. That pool... Beaches and cream.... heaven.
Stop telling people how great AKL is and to stay there. It's terrible, stay away.:cool:
I loved the days when it was less crowded. Lol

Mukta

According to the most recent refurbish document, Pizzafari is going to remain closed nearly an extra month. It's now scheduled to reopen on Nov 15th instead of October 20th. Just a heads up to all.
Any news on whether the TS portion will open on nov 15th along with the QS portion?

Jon81uk

Rumours on another forum is that it will open Spring next year (May 2016) and be a signature dining experience.I therefore expect it to open around the same time as Rivers of Light debuts as this is when people will be looking for more dinner options as they will stay in the park later.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Oct 21. While Pizzafari is still closed for refurbishment, the construction fence that surrounded the building is gone now. There is now a construction fence on the other side of the main pathway to Africa, covering the ramp to the underwater viewing area (the staircase to this viewing area is still open). Island Mercantile is the building on the left, Pizzafari is in the background in the below photo.

IMG_6656.JPG

Side view of Pizzafari along the re-opened pathway to Avatarland. The pathway to Africa is on the right side of the below photo.

IMG_6658.JPG

The pathway to "Avatarland" (the old pathway to Camp Minnie Mickey) is again open, much wider now to accommodate future crowds along this path. New landscaping and borders along the Pizzafari building are shown.

IMG_6665.JPG

The courtyard behind Pizzafari is again open. The addition to Pizzafari is shown behind the construction wall, to be the new table service dining location at Discovery Island. The back of the existing Pizzafari building is on the right side of the below photo.

IMG_6659.JPG

A behind the construction wall view of the new table service dining building, which will take up all the space on the right side of the pathway to the bridge.

IMG_6667.JPG

IMG_6668.JPG

flyerjab

Photo update as of Wednesday, Oct 21. While Pizzafari is still closed for refurbishment, the construction fence that surrounded the building is gone now. There is now a construction fence on the other side of the main pathway to Africa, covering the ramp to the underwater viewing area (the staircase to this viewing area is still open). Island Mercantile is the building on the left, Pizzafari is in the background in the below photo.

View attachment 115731

Side view of Pizzafari along the re-opened pathway to Avatarland. The pathway to Africa is on the right side of the below photo.

View attachment 115732

The pathway to "Avatarland" (the old pathway to Camp Minnie Mickey) is again open, much wider now to accommodate future crowds along this path. New landscaping and borders along the Pizzafari building are shown.

View attachment 115733

The courtyard behind Pizzafari is again open. The addition to Pizzafari is shown behind the construction wall, to be the new table service dining location at Discovery Island. The back of the existing Pizzafari building is on the right side of the below photo.

View attachment 115734

A behind the construction wall view of the new table service dining building, which will take up all the space on the right side of the pathway to the bridge.

View attachment 115735

View attachment 115736

I read on another site that this is supposed to be a signature table service restaurant. I haven't heard that anywhere else though.

RayTheFirefly

View attachment 115731

View attachment 115732

View attachment 115733

View attachment 115734

View attachment 115735

View attachment 115736
Looks like they have plywood sheathing ready to go up. The buildings should be enclosed pretty soon.

*Q*

If I am looking at these pictures right, it looks like this new restaurant may have a view of the river?

slipperalwaysfits

I'm excited about the new dining options at AK and very excited there's soon going to be even more to do at one of my favorite parks! I agree, it's easy to hit all my favorites at AK and then go to EMH in Magic Kingdom but it will be nice to have the option for an Animal Kingdom magical night! This place needs a signature restaurant!

SpectroMagicMan

Walls came down around Pizzafari and you can see the construction of the portion of the restaurant. The outside dining tables have remained but in a smaller area. Also the kiosk near the bathroom exit has been relocated next to the Tree of Life Gardan across from Pizzafari.

djkidkaz

does the path that is currently closed off in new harambe by fotlk exit out at this pizzafari expansion or somewhere else?

DisneyFans4Life

Wow this sounds like it's going to be great! Has there been any discussion on what type of food will be offered for the TS? I'd imagine it would be something along the lines of Italian, but I could also see it offering a wide variety of meals from pasta to steak.

Jon81uk

Wow this sounds like it's going to be great! Has there been any discussion on what type of food will be offered for the TS? I'd imagine it would be something along the lines of Italian, but I could also see it offering a wide variety of meals from pasta to steak.

Don't know the cuisine but rumours are that it will be a signature.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom