Tiffins - A new table service restaurant coming to Discovery Island at Disney's Animal Kingdom

rael ramone

'Italian' (or 'Italian-ish') seems to be a good guess. It's popular, and Pizzafari is next door. (Though I suspect that even the 'Olive Garden' crowd expects quality better than the 'Elios style' pizza served next door).

But being in TLfkaSV and not Africa or Asia, it can kind of be anything. Even 'comfort food'...

DC0703

'Italian' (or 'Italian-ish') seems to be a good guess. It's popular, and Pizzafari is next door. (Though I suspect that even the 'Olive Garden' crowd expects quality better than the 'Elios style' pizza served next door).

But being in TLfkaSV and not Africa or Asia, it can kind of be anything. Even 'comfort food'...

I agree about Italian being a good possibility. DAK has a limited number of TS restaurants and they are mostly more adventurous in theme (Asian, African,etc). It wouldn't surprise me if they chose a style of food that was a more basic and standard for this new restaurant.

worldfanatic

With Harambe Market now open, Flame tree having been remodeled, Starbucks in the picture, and large amounts of new counter service offerings expected when Avatarland opens. Is it possible Pizzafari could be completely replaced by one large table service restaurant?
Animal Kingdom has always been far and away the weakest of the parks for sit down service.
Maybe I'm just wishing. Pizzafari has always been pretty low on my quality list.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
With Harambe Market now open, Flame tree having been remodeled, Starbucks in the picture, and large amounts of new counter service offerings expected when Avatarland opens. Is it possible Pizzafari could be completely replaced by one large table service restaurant?
Animal Kingdom has always been far and away the weakest of the parks for sit down service.
Maybe I'm just wishing. Pizzafari has always been pretty low on my quality list.
As far as I know it will retain quick service along with the addition of table service.

doctornick

I think that this park needs even more table service beyond the addition of whatever this is going to be. Not that it hasn't already been expanded a ton, but I actually wish Africa would get another TS aside from the Tusher House buffet.

I think the park could use another table service to supplement what is planned, especially if there is a significant increase in crowds with RoL/Pandora. Unfortunately, I don't think that AKL is quite the "relief valve" for table service that the monorail resorts are for MK since taking a bus is viewed as "inconvenient" compared to the monorail. One thing we don't know is what kind of food service will be available in the Pandora area -- I've seen it suggested that it will have just a quick serve or it will have a flex restaurant like BoG which is quick service during the day and table service for dinner.

As an aside about DAK's table service though -- Rainforest Cafe seems very large compared to a typical park table service. So, the capacity for table service for DAK is probably more than it might seem on casual glance with 3, soon to be 4, places.

catmandoo

Noooooo! I love thier weird gross, doughy delicious Pizza! Seriously, we usualy go to AK twice each trip, once so I can eat at Pizzafari and once so my husband can eat at Restaurantosaurus. Guess we only need one visit this year. :(

Jon81uk

Although it would increase Table Service from 3 to 4 it would decrease air-conditioned Quick Service from two to one and of course that was decreased from three when Tuskar House converted to buffet.

Harambe Market, Yak & Yeti cafe and Flame Tree all only have outdoor seating and Starbucks doesn't have any seating at all. So I think DAK could do with an additional quick service as well. But then this could be coming in Avatar, I would just simply theme it to the mess room on the human base camp as obviously an indoor restaurant wouldn't fit into a Navi area.

But additional table service also helps the park keep guests into the evening and that also helps remove crowds from the Magic Kingdom during Wishes.

matt9112

As previously stated table service only becomes a big deal for dinner...most guests are ok with QS for lunch and would rather the TS for dinner and with traditional AK operating hours this was less of a concern.

flyerjab

I think the park could use another table service to supplement what is planned, especially if there is a significant increase in crowds with RoL/Pandora. Unfortunately, I don't think that AKL is quite the "relief valve" for table service that the monorail resorts are for MK since taking a bus is viewed as "inconvenient" compared to the monorail. One thing we don't know is what kind of food service will be available in the Pandora area -- I've seen it suggested that it will have just a quick serve or it will have a flex restaurant like BoG which is quick service during the day and table service for dinner.

As an aside about DAK's table service though -- Rainforest Cafe seems very large compared to a typical park table service. So, the capacity for table service for DAK is probably more than it might seem on casual glance with 3, soon to be 4, places.

We just ate at Rainforest Cafe for the first time at DAK on our most recent trip last month. The waiter told me that it is the largest Rainforest location in North America. I don't doubt that the capacity is there, but I prefer a higher number of quality choices, and I don't necessarily consider RC a quality selection. It was ok, but it isn't like we are waiting to book another meal there. I love Tusker House and Yak and Yeti, and if AKL and Kadani were closer like the monorail resorts are to the MK, then adding in Boma, Jiko and Sanaa would definitely help round out the selection as those restaurants are excellent. However, because of the distance separating the resorts and the park, I think that DAK itself needs more table service choices. I think that there should be 4 to 5 TS choices in DAK, aside from the RC. I am happy with a lot of the QS choices throughout the park, and maybe with Avatar another will be added (that is indoors and air conditioned).

My long range hope is that the combination of the Avatar expansion, night safaris and RoL, draws so many more people into this park that an additional 2 rides are added that will force more eating and shopping to appear in the park. Then there is that whole safari train that should run from the AKL to DAK...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom