New Stitch attraction replacing SGE and BLSRS

Omegadiz

Original Poster
Its no secret that people dont like SGE. I personally dont have a vendetta with it, but i can admit that it doesnt do Stitch justice. Buzz Lightyear is fun and engaging however, Buzz - in "toy" form - doesnt fit in tomorrowland and the ride needs an upgrade anyway. With these two things in mind i figured you can replace Buzz with a Stitch attraction that uses something more along the lines of Monsters Inc Ride and Go Seek where the object of the ride is to board the omnimover and find Stitch on the ship using flashlights.

I have 2 variations of the attraction's story:

1........You're working with Gantu as it follows the plot of the movie right after stitch escapes on the ship and you have to find him with the flash light as he appears all over the ship. At the end you see Stitch Steal the cruiser (the red one) and blast off to Flo-ri-da
2........You are again working with Gantu or Jumba (depending on which you will be either cadets or the help), however, the plot is changed from the movie where instead of just finding Stitch, you have to find him and his multitude of cousins as there palying hide and seek to either annoy gantu or game with Jumba all over the ship.

The animatronic Buzz can be replaced with Gantu or Jumba. The ride would feature animatronics of corse however, some of the backgrounds may be screens simply to give more depth as space is limitted in the show building. I think it would be cool if you could bring most of the effects from SGE to the omnimover such as the the lasers, 3D sound, smells, and maybe give the vehicles a vibration to imply Stitch or one of his cousins jumping on your car.

thoughts? Is it actually possible withought having to remove the current show building.

Omegadiz

Original Poster
as i've decided to go with my second story revolving the cousins, i think i want to partially rid of the scoring aspect. Stitch has 626 other cousins (that includes Exp. 627) so instead of having targets that are worth 100 points, you'll be rewarded with how many you actually find. Because space and resouces are limited, i plan to have maybe 170 of his cousins around. That means if you find 50, it will say you've found 50 and that could act as your score. I want the game to be highly repeatable were there will be some cousins that are easy to find, some intermeadiate, and some very challenging. With 170+ you'll never find them all. The attraction would have to mix animatronics and screens to accomidate for the large amount of cousins, 1/2 will be robots the other half animation. I also want the ride to be true to the acknowledged cousins, for instance Sparky the yellow electric alien would be hiding somewhere like the lights. I remeber Disney wanted nexgen things and this attraction is perfect for it. You could have your iPod with you and sync it to the ride. So when you get off of the ride, not only with you know that you found 50, but you will also see which ones you found and get a neet bio of them.

G00fyDad

Keep Buzz Lightyear in TL. Other than the fact that it is a great addition to TL, I'd never hear the end of it if TDO took it out. They already ticked her (and scores of others) off by removing the houses and not putting them elsewhere on property. LOL

Omegadiz

Original Poster
Isn't BLSRS about the space-ranger Buzz rather than toy Buzz?
It's toy Buzz. (Etch-a_Sketch, Toy Joints on Buzz AA, the targets are toys.) And I wouldnt be taking the Space Rangers out of tomorrowland. I have an interesting plan for them that will get bashed

MA Screamin'

as i've decided to go with my second story revolving the cousins, i think i want to partially rid of the scoring aspect. Stitch has 626 other cousins (that includes Exp. 627) so instead of having targets that are worth 100 points, you'll be rewarded with how many you actually find. Because space and resouces are limited, i plan to have maybe 170 of his cousins around. That means if you find 50, it will say you've found 50 and that could act as your score. I want the game to be highly repeatable were there will be some cousins that are easy to find, some intermeadiate, and some very challenging. With 170+ you'll never find them all. The attraction would have to mix animatronics and screens to accomidate for the large amount of cousins, 1/2 will be robots the other half animation. I also want the ride to be true to the acknowledged cousins, for instance Sparky the yellow electric alien would be hiding somewhere like the lights. I remeber Disney wanted nexgen things and this attraction is perfect for it. You could have your iPod with you and sync it to the ride. So when you get off of the ride, not only with you know that you found 50, but you will also see which ones you found and get a neet bio of them.

Okay, cool! I love the iPod idea, maybe you'd sync with the "flashlight" more specifically. I have another idea, would it work if we could include the finale scene with Stitch on Cinderella's Castle like from SGE?

Omegadiz

Original Poster
Okay, cool! I love the iPod idea, maybe you'd sync with the "flashlight" more specifically. I have another idea, would it work if we could include the finale scene with Stitch on Cinderella's Castle like from SGE?
I'd love to keep that. But not "in the ride" persay. I'd like to keep it for a post show. So during the last moments of the ride, stitch pilots a ship (jumba's) to earth. Then as you get off of the ride and head to the exit you'll see a video screen (huge) that has different results randomized one where he's at the castle, one where he's in Seven Seas Lagoon, etc. I haven't given it a lot of thought so I'm not sure how to make it

MA Screamin'

I'd love to keep that. But not "in the ride" persay. I'd like to keep it for a post show. So during the last moments of the ride, stitch pilots a ship (jumba's) to earth. Then as you get off of the ride and head to the exit you'll see a video screen (huge) that has different results randomized one where he's at the castle, one where he's in Seven Seas Lagoon, etc. I haven't given it a lot of thought so I'm not sure how to make it

Great! :D

RedFurredCadet

Rather interesting. My ideas kind of speculated over a kind of "galactic zoo", but each one serving as Jumba's laboratory, and featuring a select menagerie of the alien experiments. While AAs of the experiments are kept in look-alike habitats behind plexiglass, guests can interact with them. Even the red furred Leroy clones in the galactic-prison like area could be featured this way. Your thoughts?

Omegadiz

Original Poster
Rather interesting. My ideas kind of speculated over a kind of "galactic zoo", but each one serving as Jumba's laboratory, and featuring a select menagerie of the alien experiments. While AAs of the experiments are kept in look-alike habitats behind plexiglass, guests can interact with them. Even the red furred Leroy clones in the galactic-prison like area could be featured this way. Your thoughts?
I took that into consideration actually! I would have loved that idea and it would make so much sense. However, the reason I decided on the ride and seek attraction is because I wanted a Star Command e-ticket in the parking lot. And I didn't want too much Buzz so I figured id keep and interactive attraction and give Stitch a more accepted attraction. I still would love to see the galactic zoo come to fruition, but maybe in HKDL as they are short on AA attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom