New Star Wars half at WDW announced

Texas84

I want to do this as my first Disney race but I was not on the ball and missed out on the challenge. My question for you guys is this: do they only open a finite number of entries for AP and early registration - and then more when general registration starts, or are all the entries taken and there will be no more once general registration opens?

You are correct. The early registrations are limited. I missed out on early registration for Disneyland Star Wars and was able to get in on the regular day.

Sumrdog

I want to do this as my first Disney race but I was not on the ball and missed out on the challenge. My question for you guys is this: do they only open a finite number of entries for AP and early registration - and then more when general registration starts, or are all the entries taken and there will be no more once general registration opens?

I was going to say the same as @Texas84. I think getting into one of the challenges is actually harder during early reg you have about 3 minutes before they are gone.

Sumrdog

Thanks for the info (Texas84 too)... I'll be sure to have my finger on the reload button this Tuesday!
I have not had a problem registering for any races including Wine and Dine which sold out ridiculously fast this year. I open the link right at 10am (I live in the Mountain Time Zone). Good luck!

dreamfinder

Pre-reg shows that the challenge and the 5k are sold out. (5k only listed on Active.com page, not pre-reg page) Kids races also not listed on active.com page.

I'm running the Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend and there's an after party party Sunday evening at EPCOT. Maybe something will be added later? I noticed there was no sign up for breakfast, the health station (massage, etc.) for the marathoners that you usually see for other races.

I'm pretty sure the post-race "party" is at DTD. The pasta in the park parties are both held in Epcot.

Happily Ever After Party at Downtown Disney®
Sunday, February 21, 2016

BackOTheLine

I was poised and ready - got in for the challenge. By the time I completed registration and went back to register my daughter for a "dash" it was listed "On Hold" already. Probably 12:07 or so.....

Mad Stitch

I was poised and ready - got in for the challenge. By the time I completed registration and went back to register my daughter for a "dash" it was listed "On Hold" already. Probably 12:07 or so.....
The dash is open again, go for it!

The challenge is open again too.

LindsayLoves

Looks like rundisney.com is not being updated with % right now.

Right? 1% can not be accurate for the half. I know people love the challenges but that is a bit much.

Plus the Challenge and 10k are ON HOLD. The challenge has opened several times and gone back on hold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom