New Star Wars Fireworks Show - 'Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular'

po1998

Just skimmed through the video. The fireworks being off center when standing directly in front of the GMR is ridiculous. Who is making these decisions? Really really poor show for a company that used to pride themselves on developing quality shows and attractions.

If the people responsible for crap like this and that 1/2 hour jungle book snooze fest at AK, are still employed by Disney, the future of WDW shows and attractions doesn't look promising. I guess as long as they can away hundreds of millions on rock work, thats all that matters.

Disney4family

I haven't read all 28 pages of this to see if it's been mentioned before (my apologies), but I am just in awe of the music composed by John Williams.

peter11435

Just skimmed through the video. The fireworks being off center when standing directly in front of the GMR is ridiculous. Who is making these decisions? Really really poor show for a company that used to pride themselves on developing quality shows and attractions.

If the people responsible for crap like this and that 1/2 hour jungle book snooze fest at AK, are still employed by Disney, the future of WDW shows and attractions doesn't look promising. I guess as long as they can **** away hundreds of millions on rock work, thats all that matters.

You know Disneylands fireworks are off center from the cast and have been forever.

I'm curious where would you suggest they should be launching them from? The former launch site is where Star Wars land is being built. As you start moving back from there you encounter a series of major roads. By the time you get to an area with an appropriate fallout zone you are almost to the all star resorts.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
I can make assumptions about this show after watching the video but I need to experience it firsthand. We all can. I need to be there to get the real feel of what's going on. Moving the dessert party is a step in the right direction and shows that someone is thinking on their toes over at Disney.

As with everything WDW related, there's always going to be negative opinions. I just can't quite comprehend how you can judge this when not actually being there. Personally, I am excited to see this in person.

wdwfan22

I was really wanting to love the show, but I can't get past how much the fireworks are off center. Also the lack of fireworks in the show, as well as the fact that if you are not in the hub area you miss most of the show. All of those things should have been taken into consideration when they were developing this show. I would much rather have an additional performance of FANTASMIC! then this.

po1998

You know Disneylands fireworks are off center from the cast and have been forever.

I'm curious where would you suggest they should be launching them from? The former launch site is where Star Wars land is being built. As you start moving back from there you encounter a series of major roads. By the time you get to an area with an appropriate fallout zone you are almost to the all star resorts.
Maybe if they couldn't find a way to have them more on center, they shouldn't have them at all(I'll stick to my guns...it looks ridiculous).

With all the space they have on property, wouldn't you have thought that space for a fireworks launch pad(centered directly behind and adjacent to park boundaries) would have always been planned for even if not used for years in the future? Instead, the back of the park butts right up against a roadway...and clearly they weren't going to incur the expense of moving the roadway now to build a centered fireworks pad.

Zipadeelady

Does anyone know if your able to watch from outside of the park at the entrance. Can the music be heard? May be an odd question but I have my reasons. :oops:

halltd

Does anyone know if your able to watch from outside of the park at the entrance. Can the music be heard? May be an odd question but I have my reasons. :oops:
I did this for the old Star Wars show once (after seeing the amazing out of park videos on this website) and the music is NOT pumped outside of the park. With the major pyro being off-site now, I'm not sure the view you'd get from outside the turnstiles (or touchpoints) would be very good. I could be wrong, though. @wdwmagic should post up a video :)

Zipadeelady

I did this for the old Star Wars show once (after seeing the amazing out of park videos on this website) and the music is NOT pumped outside of the park. With the major pyro being off-site now, I'm not sure the view you'd get from outside the turnstiles (or touchpoints) would be very good. I could be wrong, though. @wdwmagic should post up a video :)
Thanks for the information!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom