New Special Event Idea

matt88mph

Original Poster
Inspired by the recent hype of HHN 14, I came up with an idea for a (shortly after)Halloween event:

GHOSTBUSTERS "Cleanin' Up The Town" Extravaganza

Description: At Halloween Horror Nights, ghosts, goblins, and spooks scare millions of people each October at Universal Studios.

Well, it's November, and it's time to show them the door.

This fun, family-friendly event takes place from one week after HHN closes until about a few days before Thanksgiving.

Each guest entering the park receives a shoebox-shaped cardboard box, made up to look like the ghost traps in the movie. Throughout both parks are scattered styrofoam ghosts (like the ones you can by 10 for $1). The object is to find as many ghosts as you can and stuff them in the box. Prizes will be awarded to the people with the most ghosts in their traps. There will be Ectoplasmic Rejuvination Zones (for people who need another trap), and Ghostbusters characters will be all around the parks.

A highlight attraction during this event is "GHOSTBUSTERS Tag-Team Bust-Off." Set in an arena, two teams of two will go on a tag team match to see who can catch the most ghosts in one minute. After catching ten ghosts, you must switch off with your partner, and vice versa. Prizes will be awarded for this as well.

Other attractions during this time include showings of Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2 at CityWalk, and special editions of Ghostbusters vs. Beetlejuice in USF.

Sample prizes include Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2 DVD's and VHS's, Ghostbusters soundtrack CD's, poster reprints, t-shirts, mugs, and hats. Special event merchandise will be sold.

Possible other attractions include a meet-and-greet with people who were in, or worked on, the movie, and movieoke scenes from the movies.

I think this would be a good event because it's a good family alternative to HHN, and it would celebrate the 20th Anneversary of the first movie.

So, what do you think?

WDWFREAK53

matt88mph said:
I think this would be a good event because it's a good family alternative to HHN, and it would celebrate the 20th Anneversary of the first movie.

So, what do you think?

And reap the benefits of HHN longer :lol:

Actually, I think this idea has some merit. Sounds fun...any chance of a Marshmallow man sighting? (Or will the park be designed to look like the marshmallow man has already met his demise?)

STAY-PUFT on a STICK :lol:

matt88mph

Original Poster
Actually, KidZone in USF could be covered in foam and a giant Stay-Puft hat near Feivel's Playland would be cool.

Man, I am now cravin' me some Stay-Puft on a Stick. :lol:

(Or Stay-Puft Smores?)

matt88mph

Original Poster
It could also be a sneaky way to see if the Ghostbusters are still popular enough to open up a new attraction for them. I don't care what people say, I prefer a group of funny, proton-pack-toting, paranormal exterminators over a big ol' tornado and a flying cow any day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom