New Spaceship Earth narrator offically confirmed by Disney

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Anyone recognize the audio at the disneyworld.com landing page for Epcot? I have a sneaking suspicion it may be from SSE..

GymLeaderPhil

I think they just isolated some tracks from the Mission: Space area music. The Animal Kingdom landing page has an isolated mix of the Tree of Life theme.

comics101

I think it'll be interesting having a woman narrorator compared to Jeremy Irons. Maybe it'll take some getting used to, but It's definately exciting! I can't wait to ride the updated version..

DisneyDrum

Anyone recognize the audio at the disneyworld.com landing page for Epcot? I have a sneaking suspicion it may be from SSE..

It's possible. It sounds like a computer done rendition, which could have been pulled from the musical score right anytime after it was finished. Might be a little bit upbeat, but I suppose we'll see if it's from SSE in a few weeks.

TP2000

English people always class up a joint, so this will be a good change. I think they made the right choice.

Even if you don't recognize her voice, with a refined English lady doing the narration it should sound classy and gracious and intelligent.

I doubt they'll have her introduce herself, will they? I forget, have past Spaceship Earth narrators introduced themselves during the ride?

"Hello, this is Dame Judi Dench reminding you to keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times. Thank you."

Do Spaceship Earth celebrity narrators introduce themselves?

CThaddeus

I'm getting the feeling some don't realize Jeremy Irons is from England. Some are responding like they think Judi Dench is going to be the first British person to narrate it...

Mr.EPCOT

I doubt they'll have her introduce herself, will they? I forget, have past Spaceship Earth narrators introduced themselves during the ride?

The generic announcer lady introduced Walter Cronkite, but Jeremy Irons was not introduced at all, nor was Vic Perrin, I believe.

IWorkWTeeth

I just can't wait to ride it! Spaceship Earth is such an Epcot "staple" that I really missed not riding it over the summer. I'm hoping that we can get on it the end of January.
As for the new narrator, I'll call it after I hear it! :p

lpet11984

I believe it was Judi herself who said: "I know something of a woman in a man's profession. Yes, by God, I do know about that." (Yes it was in a movie, but still...)

I think she's going to be fantastic. I can't wait to hear her and Boughton's work! (I mean, there's a duduk in part of the score! That just seals the deal! :D )

Sherrybaby

I thought they would choose a man, so I knew that my favorite choice would not be possible--Kathleen Turner. I was wrong, they did choose a woman.

I think it's interesting how they continue to choose people with English accents. However, I realize that to most Americans the English sound intelligent and well-refined. I work with a girl who is afraid to speak with this English tech at my office because she feels intimidated by him due to his voice. Anyway.......

I'm not sure how good of a choice it is....I could think of others but I guess we'll see.

Sherry

MAGICFLOP

That is nuts !!!

Why can't they have an American voice. Nothing against the brits, but everytime I hear a Brit accent on TV they are selling you some kind crap that looks like it will break the first time you use it. And if you order now I will send you a second one free that you can break on your second attempt to use it.

They destroyed Figment by using that freaky looking english guy. They even had to stick in the HISTA.:hurl:

CThaddeus

That is nuts !!!

Why can't they have an American voice. Nothing against the brits, but everytime I hear a Brit accent on TV they are selling you some kind crap that looks like it will break the first time you use it. And if you order now I will send you a second one free that you can break on your second attempt to use it.

They destroyed Figment by using that freaky looking english guy. They even had to stick in the HISTA.:hurl:

Please tell me this is a joke. Yes, they could very easily use someone born in the US, but I'm sorry, most British dialects sound far more dignified than our sloppy broken English. I'm not saying James Earl Jones, for example, wouldn't have been magnificent as narrator, I'm saying someone like Jeremy Irons, Patrick Stewart, and Judi Dench are just as incredible. Why must an attraction be narrated by someone from the US? Why not more attractions narrated by people from all around the globe? Why must we live in such a narrow-minded world where some believe "everytime" a British accent is used they're hawking poor merchandise? I know which commercials you're referring to, and if you really think every English person sounds like that screamy idiot selling Oxy-Clean, then you really need to get out more. Personally, I find accents such as Jeremy Irons' to be soothing and scholarly, making it easier for me to accept and digest the information they're imparting to me. I often wish I'd had some teachers from England back in college. I feel like I might have learned more.
And no, Eric Idle didn't ruin Journey Into Imagination. Disney did that. Eric Idle did the best he could with such a poorly-budgeted, designed, and written attraction. If you doubt his creative genius, just watch ANY Monty Python film or television show. As for "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience," again that was Disney's fault. If they had created a 3-D film with more repeatability built into it, it would have been fine. My general feeling is that without catchy songs and really humorous situations, they just don't work as well. Look at Muppet-Vision. It has stood the test of time and to me is just as fresh and fun now as it was when it first opened. The Imagination Pavilion is a sad thing to see currently, but to place any blame at Eric Idle's feet is crazy.

PigletIsMyCat

Please tell me this is a joke. Yes, they could very easily use someone born in the US, but I'm sorry, most British dialects sound far more dignified than our sloppy broken English. I'm not saying James Earl Jones, for example, wouldn't have been magnificent as narrator, I'm saying someone like Jeremy Irons, Patrick Stewart, and Judi Dench are just as incredible. Why must an attraction be narrated by someone from the US? Why not more attractions narrated by people from all around the globe? Why must we live in such a narrow-minded world where some believe "everytime" a British accent is used they're hawking poor merchandise? I know which commercials you're referring to, and if you really think every English person sounds like that screamy idiot selling Oxy-Clean, then you really need to get out more. Personally, I find accents such as Jeremy Irons' to be soothing and scholarly, making it easier for me to accept and digest the information they're imparting to me. I often wish I'd had some teachers from England back in college. I feel like I might have learned more.
And no, Eric Idle didn't ruin Journey Into Imagination. Disney did that. Eric Idle did the best he could with such a poorly-budgeted, designed, and written attraction. If you doubt his creative genius, just watch ANY Monty Python film or television show. As for "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience," again that was Disney's fault. If they had created a 3-D film with more repeatability built into it, it would have been fine. My general feeling is that without catchy songs and really humorous situations, they just don't work as well. Look at Muppet-Vision. It has stood the test of time and to me is just as fresh and fun now as it was when it first opened. The Imagination Pavilion is a sad thing to see currently, but to place any blame at Eric Idle's feet is crazy.

Thank you. You saved me from typing it. Especially the defense of Eric Idle.

Skippy_

Eric Idle is a great comedian and his presence only helped Pirates 3D, HISTA, or JIYI (although no replacement for Dreamfinder) and Irons has a magnificent voice that pulled Poseidon's Fury and SSE into greatness!!!

All said and done, I'm still not sold on Judi Drench.

Skippy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom