New Sound Stage Lounge At DHS

Cmdr_Crimson

Mister, we could use a man like Teddy Roosevelt again... ;)

Those_were_the_days_gif.gif

Cmdr_Crimson

It's just so bare. They could have totally shifted some of that private Prop Shop stuff into that space to make it at least a smidgen more presentable.

DSC00727.jpg

I'm sure there's plenty of Tapestry of Nations puppets in storage that could jazz up the place.

I would be in there for HOURS looking at everything I could look at.......That is to say it's still there tho..

FigmentJedi

Next Big Thing

Fair/Unfair comparison:

Tokyo Disney's idea of a Lounge:
BO2jfkjCUAAhlMp.jpg

vs WDW's idea of a Lounge:
CI6uT8lWUAAzPlw.jpg

Ok, yes, one is temporary, but we all know how long some "temporary" things last at WDW. Anyone with a $500 budget and a trip to Ikea could do LOADS better than this. Some said it may have taken a week to set that up, I say it took an hour.
By the looks of the WDW one, I hope no money was spent on that because it sure as all hell doesn't look like it.

Goofyernmost

Temporary isn't an excuse for garbage. This isn't even half of an effort. It's something that literally could have been thrown together in an hour before the park opened one day.
Do we know for sure that the person taking the picture wasn't the one that made the mess. Again a snapshot in time is not an indication of anything. I'm not even sure that it wasn't just a fabricated, Photoshopped type of thing. Whatever, it is, it surely isn't worth all this discussion. So, I'm moving on.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
People complain there aren't enough benches in the parks. Disney utilizes a vacant space for benches in A/C. Benches aren't themed to something other than benches, so people complain. Makes perfect sense to me...
A valid criticism is that regardless of what the area is for or how long it will be there, it is a REPRESENTATION of what Walt Disney World offers. The level of respect you have for your customers is represented in the EFFORT you make to satisfy them, not just the final product you offer.

You are obviously satisfied by the simple aspect of attainment, and not what you have actually attained.

OliveMcFly

PREMiERdrum

Where's the giant bumblebee? I must have him for my event!
Very cool to see shots of this old space. I've been wondering what it's current state is for years.

The single page infosheet they use to "sell" this event space to multiple times more effort than the entirety of this "Sound Stage Lounge"...

In an old warehouse hidden among a row of studio buildings, a dedicated worker arrives promptly each morning and clocks out late at night. His mission: caring for the contents of the Prop Shop, the final resting place for a hodgepodge of quirky, fantastic,and outrageous theatrical props and set pieces thatonce saw lights, cameras, and action. Responsible for safeguarding and cataloging each item, he zealously guards ‘Disney’s Attic’, but...Lately he’s confided to a few close friends that it would make an incredibly delightful venue for an event! And when you hear the buzz, you tell your Guests...

They arrive at the back door entrance where they’re met by the prop master. His ring of keys jingle as he ushers his Guests around the room, marking items down on his weathered clipboard as he tracks items being checked in and out. He needs to rest, and sits on a piano bench as he shares stories about some of the treasures within. Absently, he begins fiddling with the piano keyboard and knocks out a string of discordant chords. His impromptu concert is interrupted by a secret knock at the door. His buddies have arrived for their weekly jam. Picking up old instruments lying around, they launch into some fun, upbeat music! Soon, they hit their stride and between their tunes and tales they keep your event rolling throughout dinner. Prepared especially by Disney’s award-winning chefs, your feast is served in style. Drinks, which may include beer and wine as well as full premium brands and specialty drinks, add to the festive atmosphere of the evening.
When the evening comes to a close, your Guests will agree you’ve just delivered an outstanding combination of comedy and cuisine – which makes you one of Hollywood's leading performers!

http://www.wdwdvm.com/concepts/Backstage_Prop_Shop-EC.pdf

YodaMan

Looks like this officially closed after Frozen Summer Fun ended. Seems to line up with the rumors of One Man's Dream closing in a few weeks and the building getting demo'd

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom