NEW Smoking Settler's Cabin (Formerly Burning) as Seen from Liberty Belle Riverboat

Lucky

Why not fix the problems that caused the shutdown originally. If it was leaky pipes, surely Disney can afford to replace them. If it was a matter of "political correctness", then remove it completely and replace it with a Frozen scene. That seems to be the solution of the hour nowadays. :rolleyes:
Brilliant! The whole thing could be Fjords of Norway instead of Rivers of America.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't see the big deal in this ... the burning settler's cabin, IMO, is far different than a non-working Yeti, IMHO. LOL at people wanting to call customer relations. This is one case I'm just not getting the negativity. To each their own though.

Indifference and acceptance validates the bad behavior encouraging the company to continue to aim lower and lower.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It seems Disney's new motto is "Hey...at least it's better than nothing."

The funny thing is Disney mocking the fans so accurately in the muppets attraction...

... They're tourists, what do they know?

This thread just validates that. People are so complacent and conditioned to tolerate crap they'll appreciate anything you throw them if you just do 'something'

The Empress Lilly

The Rivers of America is superior at Disneyland, and its magnificent atmosphere can be experienced from the Mark Twain, a 1790 sailing schooner, canoes, New Orleans Square, Critter Country and even the railroad. The settler's cabin was at least fixed and dressed up as opposed to Magic Kingdom, where everything around the river looks dilapidated and like it's been ignored since 1971.
By wussified I mean the not-smoking Smoking Cabin.

intheATL

Can we really call a fog machine from Wal-Mart an improvement? It actually kinda looks worse having a $20 fog machine than just having the cabin because you can clearly tell it's a fog machine from Wal-Mart.

I just want to know where y'all are finding $20 fog machines! I easily paid $50 for mine from WalMart last Halloween!

MikeyK72

I apologize if someone else already posted one, but does anyone have a video of the original show when it was still burning fire?

Kman101

Don't mistake my post as complacency. I'd rather they have the fire. But to me it's not a big deal. Sorry if some take that as accepting whatever they give, but that's not it. I just think some fights are worth picking and this one seems so minor, but I can understand to some how it's just another example of what we see TDO do. The least possible.

omurice

This could just be a long-game tactic - to put things that are so lame in this area, the fans will cry out FOR paving over the northern half of Rivers of America to make room for... Discovery Bay!
Next stop - Princess Becky Thatcher Raft M&G.

(Well, where else could they expand this park, outside of a complete re-do of Tomorrowland?)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Don't mistake my post as complacency. I'd rather they have the fire. But to me it's not a big deal. Sorry if some take that as accepting whatever they give, but that's not it. I just think some fights are worth picking and this one seems so minor, but I can understand to some how it's just another example of what we see TDO do. The least possible.

If this were just one detail they got wrong out of many they got right... I'd agree on your point about 'picking your battles'. (Example: Skimping on redoing the bathroom tile in DCA during the v2 reboot). But this is an effort that isn't just a one bit wrong, but all wrong, and glaringly so. It's not minutia, but systematic.

and adding insult to injury Disney has a LONG history of blundering the burning cabin scene... so screwing it up AGAIN.. infers people are acting without any research into the history of the topic too. Which shows even more systematic problems.

WDWJenn09

I truly do not understand the negativity on these boards anymore. Every thread started leads down a path that Disney stinks and nothing they do is right. I look to these boards for insider information on different Disney topics but often find just one negative post after another. It's become quite unpleasant to reads these boards. If you don't like Disney, why bother coming here and reading about it. Why not just go find a topic you truly like and post positive comments?

Lucky

I truly do not understand the negativity on these boards anymore. Every thread started leads down a path that Disney stinks and nothing they do is right. I look to these boards for insider information on different Disney topics but often find just one negative post after another. It's become quite unpleasant to reads these boards. If you don't like Disney, why bother coming here and reading about it. Why not just go find a topic you truly like and post positive comments?
Then don't read them.

Nemo14

So we should all be saying how awesome it is that the cabin has been fixed? Sorry - no can do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom