New (Small) Festivals! Jazz Festival and Step Competition

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
Hello all! As I expected, my new role has me everywhere but here! Well a little bit of news for everyone...

2 new festivals (though both will start small) are joining the Magical World of Disney. This August, look for the first annual Disney Step Competition. Colleges and High Schools from around the country will be showcasing and even competing in this soon-to-be-annual competition. Cool.

But even MORE cool, February 2009, the Disney Hollywood Studios will play host to the first annual Jazz Fest!!! Jam Sessions, big name artists, concerts, its going to be AMAZING!!! I'll have more info later, and websites should be up soon.
yoyo out.

Edit: Step website is up: http://www.disneystepnationals.com/ . Event will be televised on ESPN2.

jt04

I think that all these musical and entertainment shows being added to DHS are a great trend. DHS is building great venues and is the perfect locale for showcasing these type of events. I love the idea of an annual Jazz fest at DHS. Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant. Thanks for the greaat update Imayoyo.

PS- The AGT is a great venue but it is getting "overbooked" and has limited seating so it is great what they are doing at DHS that will allow the park to host all types of live entertainment with so many various stages. It's good. :sohappy:

WaltsApprentice

Thats great! I really glad new things and ideas are coming to DHS!! Both EPCOT and MK have their own events its nice that there sharing the love over there! Now I hope they can get a nice event over at DAK. Earth Day and National Bird day( or is it National flight bird day or something) is nice, but we can't always book a vacation for something like that when its only one day celebration. But this will be cool my grandparents love Jazz Music..I'll have to bring them on over!! Maybe see if they want to go on to Tower of RNRC haha! Just kidding!

sillykid

stepping is actually really cool. my high school had a step squad instead of cheerleaders (it was in queens) and they were always winning huge competitions. Basically they stomp and clap in synch, but it looks A LOT cooler than it actually sounds

Here's a video of my old high school's step team. skip ahead to like 3:00, thats where it gets good
http://youtube.com/watch?v=J_twGnTNL74&feature=related

That's was cool. Thanks for the link!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom