New single day quick service dining plan test to begin at the Magic Kingdom

jakeman

Maybe this will help because it could cut down on transaction times? Or it will make it worse because of more people eating due to the simplicity of the plan?

Overall QS dining at MK has become a huge hassle. It is quite the annoyance to have a 10-15 minute wait for Pecos when one whole side of the registers that aren't being used.

Jon81uk

As always, the question is the pricing.

Yep needs to be under $30 to reprsent any savings. Even at $35 its only really possible to break even.

Assuming drinks are always $3.29.
Some entree examples (most expensive at each)
Foot-long Dog at Casey's $12.29
Chicken and pork combo at Cosmic Ray's $15.99
Grilled Salmon at Colombia House $13.99

So even if you pick two of those expensive entrees and two sodas its $36.56 so only a $1.56 saving if they charge $35.
Choose two salad entrees at $9.99 (Colombia HH) and $11.79 (Ray's) and bottled water your total is $27.78 so its a lot harder to get to make money.

COProgressFan

Overall QS dining at MK has become a huge hassle. It is quite the annoyance to have a 10-15 minute wait for Pecos when one whole side of the registers that aren't being used.

It's so aggravating when they have huge lines for food simply because they chose that minimally staffing locations is "good enough" for guests. We wouldn't like a single labor hour "wasted" would we?

rkleinlein

Though I think dining plans are a rip-off, too limiting, and more of a hassle that they're worth, I can still understand people wanting to use dining plans during their vacation because of convenience. But how is it convenient in any way to wait in line a guest relations in the morning in addition to waiting in lines at restaurants? Plus the limited choice of restaurants and time constraints. What's the benefit?

DisneyJoe

I don't see any convenience in purchasing this. You will have to stand in a lengthy line at Guest Relations to purchase tickets to eat later in the day. Unless you are saving a decent amount of money I wouldn't bother with this.
You may already be in line to purchase a 1-day ticket, then the CM says "would you like to add a Quick Service dining plan to that for $x?" You say yes, you pay for your tickets and the meal vouchers, they give you your tickets and your meal vouchers and off you go. I don't see it adding much to that transaction time.
Having the meal vouchers should reduce the time at check out in the quick service locations, hopefully.

Jon81uk

I don't get it. Why would anyone buy this, if it's not a significant savings?

And if it is a significant savings, why would Disney offer it?

Makes no sense to me.

If it looks like it offers good savings it might be enough to get people to buy it, but doesn't offer a saving in a lot of cases helps Disney.

So if you think of the burger at Cosmic Rays (for example) at $13 plus soda is $16.29 x2 meals is $32.58 so at $30 you think you are saving a couple dollars. But if your wife only has the salad $11.79) and a bottle of water its $14.79 and two meals is $29.58, so at $30 you are losing 42c. If in these examples Disney priced it at $31 for example then the burger eater is still saving cash but the salad eater losing even more.

There will be a sweet spot where it looks like it saves you money but actually for most people it doesn't and that is what Disney will aim at, where it looks like a bargain, when actually it isn't that great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom