New Seuss Landing Open Brainstorming (Uniting Univeral Round One)

spacemt354

Chili's
Awesome. So I think we have everything we need to start dividing up the workload for this. Remember, both the projects will be due on Wednesday so we can move forward with our two projects a week schedule. With that in mind...

The Lorax - @TheOriginalTiki
The Sneeches Dark Ride -
Horton Hears a Who Simulator -
Mt. Crumpet Roller Coaster -
Oh, The Places You'll Go Boat Ride - @Jtuck?
Green Eggs and Ham/Cat in the Hat Flat Rides -
Land Description/Layout -

Can anyone do concept art? I might be able to get a rough layout of what The Lorax would look like in RCT3 form.
I probably won't be able to do any of that by Wednesday to be honest haha. The only thing I could write-up would be the Wocket in my Pocket merchandise and/or scavenger hunt.

In order to continue on into the next round, I don't think you need to have so many rides opening at once. You can leave room for expansion and we could come back to it at a later date. If you work out the basics, The Lorax, the boat-ride, a QS, a couple shops, and its general layout, you should be in good shape. Whatever is left can be future expansions!

Jtuck

Awesome. So I think we have everything we need to start dividing up the workload for this. Remember, both the projects will be due on Wednesday so we can move forward with our two projects a week schedule. With that in mind...

The Lorax - @TheOriginalTiki
The Sneeches Dark Ride -
Horton Hears a Who Simulator -
Mt. Crumpet Roller Coaster -
Oh, The Places You'll Go Boat Ride - @Jtuck?
Green Eggs and Ham/Cat in the Hat Flat Rides -
Land Description/Layout -

Can anyone do concept art? I might be able to get a rough layout of what The Lorax would look like in RCT3 form.

I can definitely get started on the boat ride concept but I agree with space about not having to open all the rides at once. Personally I think the ideal opening would the Lorax ride, the boat, and one of the flatrides and the others can follow soon. BTW I can probably do some concept art, but my skill is limited to pretty basic stuff .
Here are some examples, let me know what you would like a concept of and I can try(probably wont be great tho)
204295-73873e1a7be4a475da5ea78937f99bd6.jpg
204296-c0fa14eeeb5bf7a5b66bf30820d6dc80.jpg
204298-ae9827c9f041c817b78648ec29b883f9.jpg
204299-10cb5e3c7bd4bec0a2e6105218eaa0bc.jpg
204300-86bf67d799d97ba09bb909f09e4d44a7.jpg
204297-ff5c064f026b8dd37553f892f7505ab1.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled_Artwork 13.png
    Untitled_Artwork 13.png
    946.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Untitled_Artwork 21.png
    Untitled_Artwork 21.png
    486.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Untitled_Artwork 7.png
    Untitled_Artwork 7.png
    245.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Portable Network Graphics image-882611B62F11-1.png
    Portable Network Graphics image-882611B62F11-1.png
    516.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Portable Network Graphics image-40700729A638-1.png
    Portable Network Graphics image-40700729A638-1.png
    519.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Portable Network Graphics image-D3A78A7FAB7D-1.png
    Portable Network Graphics image-D3A78A7FAB7D-1.png
    629.6 KB · Views: 42

MonorailRed

Applebees
I probably won't be able to do any of that by Wednesday to be honest haha. The only thing I could write-up would be the Wocket in my Pocket merchandise and/or scavenger hunt.

In order to continue on into the next round, I don't think you need to have so many rides opening at once. You can leave room for expansion and we could come back to it at a later date. If you work out the basics, The Lorax, the boat-ride, a QS, a couple shops, and its general layout, you should be in good shape. Whatever is left can be future expansions!
This strategy worked for Club 32. I think it will work for this as well!

spacemt354

Chili's
I can definitely get started on the boat ride concept but I agree with space about not having to open all the rides at once. Personally I think the ideal opening would the Lorax ride, the boat, and one of the flatrides and the others can follow soon. BTW I can probably do some concept art, but my skill is limited to pretty basic stuff .
Here are some examples, let me know what you would like a concept of and I can try(probably wont be great tho)
204295-73873e1a7be4a475da5ea78937f99bd6.jpg
204296-c0fa14eeeb5bf7a5b66bf30820d6dc80.jpg
204298-ae9827c9f041c817b78648ec29b883f9.jpg
204299-10cb5e3c7bd4bec0a2e6105218eaa0bc.jpg
204300-86bf67d799d97ba09bb909f09e4d44a7.jpg
204297-ff5c064f026b8dd37553f892f7505ab1.jpg
This strategy worked for Club 32. I think it will work for this as well!
This approach I think is the best personally... You focus on specific things and making them strong and detailed rather than spread your work over a bunch of rides and each of them suffers from detail.

A fully fleshed out Lorax, boat ride, and if @Coasterninja wants to do Mt. Crumpet - I think that should suffice! With both of your combined artwork - you're good to go!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Yea I agree that stuff like Sneeches and Horton can be expanded upon later. So for now the plan is me doing The Lorax, JTuck doing Oh The Places You'll Go, and Coasterninja can do Mount Crumpet. These can be the three main anchors to the land. Everyone else is free to pitch in on dining, merchandise, general atmosphere/layout, and flat rides.

Jtuck

I had an idea for the facade of The Lorax ride, Since you wanted a more naturalistic approach to the area surrounding the ride with lots of truffala trees and such I thought a good contrast for the ride would be guests entering through the abandoned Thneed Factory. Since I figured the ride would take place after or during the book, it would make sense that the remnants of the factory would still be there in some capacity. So anyway I did a quick sketch of what it could look like, I combined the original factory drawing from the book and the more modern take that was in the 2012 movie to create something kinda unique but distinctly Seuss-ish.
Portable Network Graphics image-07B90154CF19-1.png

Its not great as I didn't spend a lot of time on it, but I think it gets the idea across. Let me know if you think this style for the exterior would work or if a different direction should be taken!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I had an idea for the facade of The Lorax ride, Since you wanted a more naturalistic approach to the area surrounding the ride with lots of truffala trees and such I thought a good contrast for the ride would be guests entering through the abandoned Thneed Factory. Since I figured the ride would take place after or during the book, it would make sense that the remnants of the factory would still be there in some capacity. So anyway I did a quick sketch of what it could look like, I combined the original factory drawing from the book and the more modern take that was in the 2012 movie to create something kinda unique but distinctly Seuss-ish.
View attachment 209482

Its not great as I didn't spend a lot of time on it, but I think it gets the idea across. Let me know if you think this style for the exterior would work or if a different direction should be taken!

I love it! Sorry I haven't been active in the threads over the past couple days. It's been a busy weekend. Aiming to get the Lorax ride out Tuesday at the absolute latest. I'll definitely factor in the idea of the abandoned factory working as the queue!

@Coasterninja, are you still up for doing Mount Crumpet? Remember, we've decided on three versions of the ride. A regular "bobsled run" coaster in the Spring and summer. A "Grinch Night" Halloween overlay for the fall, and an all out "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" overlay for the holidays.

FigmentPigments

Okay, so far I got 3 snack stands, 1 quick service, an idea for a Jungle of Nool Theatre where some of Dr. Seuss's other works can be performed, 2 ideas for "spontaneous" land entertainment, a Sneeches gift shop, a What Pet Should I Get (build a bear style) store, A Wickersham Brothers land activity, a play area, and a Green Eggs and Ham flat ride.

Areas within our land: (still up for debate)

Jungle of Nool
Whoville
Sneech Beach
Truffula Tree Forest (Reserve?)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I think the Truffula forest should be the main entry path into the land. Since were also working with the Forbidden Forest for the Harry Potter area, we could connect the two and have a transition from the magical, otherworldly trees of HP to the cartoony trees of Seuss Landing.

FigmentPigments

I think the Truffula forest should be the main entry path into the land. Since were also working with the Forbidden Forest for the Harry Potter area, we could connect the two and have a transition from the magical, otherworldly trees of HP to the cartoony trees of Seuss Landing.
Okay, can do. Do you have any idea for what the transition will be like?

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
For now here's what I'm picturing...

Phase One (Summer 2020)
-Trufula Forest with Lorax E Ticket
-Oh the Places You'll Go Boat Ride
-Mount Crumpet Coaster
-Green Eggs and Ham Flat Ride
-Wocket in my Pocket interactive merch

Phase Two (Summer 2023)
-Sneeches Dark Ride/Sneech Beach
-Jungle of Nool/Horton Hears a Who simulator

Fun idea just to throw out there...a historical reenactment of The Great Butter Battle.

FigmentPigments

Fun idea just to throw out there...a historical reenactment of The Great Butter Battle.
You actually read my mind. The two snack stations I have serve a dual purpose. One is The Great Yookaroo's Vegemite Butter and The Great Zookaroo's Vegemite Butter with each serving a different variety of Vegemite snacks (which is a popular treat in Australia) and separated by a wall. Throughout the day, the head guard Yook would appear on top of the Yook station to patrol the wall and interact with Von Itch who is on the Zook station. As the day progresses, the two reappear with their bigger and better weapons (mechanical pop ups from behind the stands) until just before the day ends, the two are left holding their final weapons.

spacemt354

Chili's
There's a Wocket in My Pocket - Interactive Adventure
71MCn1MAiIL.png

Throughout Suess Landing, guests will be able to meander and trek through the vast, colorful forests of the land, on a scavenger hunt themed to the classic Dr. Suess tale - "There's a Wocket in my Pocket"

Common in continental US Disney Parks, in-park scavenger hunts have become quite popular among children and families as a way to 'interact' with the environment, creating a kinematic theme park experience. Throughout the children's book, a boy finds strange creatures throughout his house. In this theme park experience, you'll be walking throughout the land, finding all sorts of bizarre and eclectic creatures in hidden locations. Through an interactive "wocket" you'll walk throughout the land following rhymed clues based on your location throughout the land, to let you know something is close.

For example:
Have you ever stopped hot on the spot?
Like the Yot in the Pot?

a68e9344-9ce4-4ffc-97d8-d1ce61fffbd1.jpg

A small pot would be hidden among the trees and a small animatronic "Yot" will pop out as you get close to it.

There will be a grand total of 7 locations to find throughout the adventure - additionally including - yeps on the steps, the nooth grush on his toothbrush, the wasket in his basket, the zamp in a lamp, the yottle in the bottle, and Nureau in the bureau.

Some of the locations will be found in restaurants and shops as well, as the book takes place in a house, and Suess Landing takes place in a forest setting. The locations scattered throughout the forest will tend to hold many of the locations - but you'll have to find out for yourself on this interactive adventure!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom