New Seating in the Tiki Room

dcibrando

It's thoughts like this that led to UNM, which was (IMO) the worst thing to happen to the MK since the giant birthday cake castle.

Times and audiences change, but that does not mean that every 5 years we should be swapping out rides and attractions. Some types of entertainment should be considered timeless. There has to be a good balance of Old vs. New, of "Excitement" vs. Nostalgia. My nephews were riding It's a Small World with us on our last trip and were treating it like it was some form of punishment, but that does not mean that IASM should be ripped up and replaced by some crazy simulator thrill-ride.
Nostalgia and timelessness are powerful things. One of the things that keeps me coming back is to be able to take my children on things I knew and loved as a child. To be able to capture, if only for that brief moment, that sense of childhood wonder. The parks do not need to be museums, and should keep pushing forward, but with a sense of respect to the past, and a sense of balance in it's entertainment and attraction offerings.

One thing I think Disney should do MORE of is whenever they DO replace an old ride, is include something from it in the new ride. I actually think it would be awesome if one of the Innovation buildings to be like a museum/warehouse full of "stuff" from Walt Disney World past attractions...(and maybe even a glimpse of the up and coming) and I think it would fit the theme as well and be a HUGE draw from the fan...old and new plus an attraction that would cost them relatively nothing

Clever Name

One thing I think Disney should do MORE of is whenever they DO replace an old ride, is include something from it in the new ride. I actually think it would be awesome if one of the Innovation buildings to be like a museum/warehouse full of "stuff" from Walt Disney World past attractions...(and maybe even a glimpse of the up and coming) and I think it would fit the theme as well and be a HUGE draw from the fan...old and new plus an attraction that would cost them relatively nothing
I agree. For example, when they replace the Tiki Room, they should put a petrified guest that died of boredom in the new attraction as a reminder of how awful the old attraction was.

Viget

100% agree with this post!

I love the Tiki Room..... much better now with the "close to the" Original show there! I have noticed VERY LITTLE of the people leaving mid-show now...so the truth is that things are better now.

No they do NOT.... Walt Disney wanted the park (parks now lol) to be a place that had something for EVERYONE.... if the Tiki Room and the CBJ is NOT your thing then I am sure there is something else you love...and perhaps the ride/attraction you love is something I do NOT....

If I hated your favorite ride for example, and it really doesnt matter what it is.....should I push for them to remove it since I think it isnt worth the space??? Of course I SHOULD NOT, because I understand that the Disney experience is for EVERYONE and not just my enjoyment alone.....

For the record (and most of you know this!) Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room is my all-time favorite.... I do not ever make a trip to the MK without seeing the show except under rare circumstances...I am a Local too so I go ALOT....

So while a couple people may personally find Jose and his flock "Unexciting", I find them "Enchanting" and have so since I first watched the show in in December of 1971 as a 5 year old..... so this love of the show is TIMELESS for me.... In fact as a little boy I thought those birds were alive and considered them my friends.... and as an adult I understand the Technology and all that... BUT the little Boy in me still considers them my Pals... Perhaps THAT is the ultimate tribute to Walt Disney, the man.... It is a shame that sometimes today it seems that both many in the Walt Disney Company itself and many of those who go their parks have lost that "Magic".

Exactly. And you know what, my 4 year old boy LOVES LOVES LOVES the Tiki Room. He had been asking like crazy to go see it before we left for WDW and was super excited during the show. And you know what, it was one of the best shows I've seen in a long time, because the whole audience got into it and was clapping along during the songs. That brought back a lot of good memories. As a boy, the Tiki Room was also one of my favorites as well, and I would be very disheartened if it ever went away.

Weather_Lady

When we visited the Tiki Room on our last Disney vacation, it was my sixth visit to WDW since the age of 6 (that would be in 1982), and I have NEVER BEFORE set foot inside it. I fully expected to be bored out of my mind, but I found it to be sweet and pleasant. Not everything needs to knock my socks off to be appreciated.

More than that, my 4-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son LOVED IT. I mean, absolutely LOVED IT. It ranked right up there with Splash Mountain and the Haunted Mansion as one of their favorite attractions, and one they wanted to do over and over. My daughter preferred it to Pirates of the Caribbean! These are children who are no strangers to advanced videogaming, iPads, etc. They are bombarded with better technology and more sophisticated entertainment every single day, and they thought that Walt Disney's old-timey Enchanted Tiki Room was fabulous.

To those who called it "timeless" -- you've got that right! I say huzzah to the new benches -- so long as Disney has the sense not to meddle further with a classic attraction that's "still got it."

puntagordabob

I'm not pushing for anything... I'm just saying that in today's world...especially theme parks in orlando, you can't remain stale. There are lots of attractons I've loved they have altered or removed... but I don't fault them for it.

Whether we like it or not, they are in the theme park BUSINESS and it would be impossible to make everyone happy... much less a handful of people on these boards lol

In the case of the Tiki Room it is simply timeless... and from what I have been told and have seen personally it is readily apparent that the Guests overall really like the show again....

When you have something that works...you shouldnt try to fix it...and Under New Management was a direct result of someone's failure to heed that concept.... and with all of the land they have there, there is no real reason to destroy this or that to bring this or that to the parks... Disneyland seems to be capable of some incredible wizardry when it comes to making room for stuff without always destroying...seems like WDW (which has the blessing of size) needs to take a lesson from their West Coast cousins.

puntagordabob

You make a great point! The crux of the matter is that if they took out the Tiki Room or CBJ is would be impossible for TDO to replace those shows with something worse since both shows are complete crap now. :)

An opinion that seems to not be the majority of folks at the parks...

I agree. For example, when they replace the Tiki Room, they should put a petrified guest that died of boredom in the new attraction as a reminder of how awful the old attraction was.

If you do not like it... why not go check out Stitch's Great Escape?

Not only is the Tiki Room mega-boring, but talking about it is too! :D

....AND YOU ARE LEADING THE POST COUNT TALKING ABOUT IT! :) lol

Not meaning any disrespect but "Clever Name" if you dislike the Tiki Room so much #1) why are you spending so much time discussing it? #2) why do you not try posting on another topic that regards a show or attraction that you do love?

I wonder if the answer is simply that you are trolling us all...
safe_image.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom