New Seating in the Tiki Room

taz0162

I may be wrong, but is there actually anything wrong with the Teacups? They seemed fine in September......
teacups were fine last week as well. Really not sure what they needed to do with them unless it's mechanical maintenance or upgrades internally. Cosmetically it was pretty good looking.

Clever Name

I'm completely fine with this, but what exactly is wrong with the current benches?
Studies have shown that the Tiki Room is boring. The previous UNM show at least kept people awake. With the new show, people either walk out mid-show or they fall asleep. The new benches will be similar to the benches in ITTBAB. The new benches will poke you every so often in an attempt to keep the guests awake.

JimboJones123

1. Add new spill proof benches.

2. Move Dole Whips to the Sunshine Tree Terrace.

3. Allow Dole Whips in the Tiki Room like Disneyland does, thus improving Dole Whip Sales with extra registers, add to the number of guests that visit Tiki Room, and sell more Tiki Room merchandise by turning the whole area into an actual themed pavilion.

See, TDO finally does something right to build theming AND turning it into a money making machine.

Way to go Disney World!

taz0162

I'm surprised the thread made it to three pages before someone posted this..
Enchanted as in the way Bugs Life at ainmal kingdom makes you feel like bees are stinging you or the bugs are crawling under your seat? I'm skeptical how that sort of effect would be brought into this show.

midwest_mice

Enchanted as in the way Bugs Life at ainmal kingdom makes you feel like bees are stinging you or the bugs are crawling under your seat? I'm skeptical how that sort of effect would be brought into this show.
They could surprise the guests by having a mist of water spray down from the bird above your head...

The Empress Lilly

1. Add new spill proof benches.

2. Move Dole Whips to the Sunshine Tree Terrace.

3. Allow Dole Whips in the Tiki Room like Disneyland does, thus improving Dole Whip Sales with extra registers, add to the number of guests that visit Tiki Room, and sell more Tiki Room merchandise by turning the whole area into an actual themed pavilion.

See, TDO finally does something right to build theming AND turning it into a money making machine.

Way to go Disney World!
WDW so totally needs to do that! Needs to endorse dole whips in the Tiki room. Everybody wins. They have their answer to butterbeer, and we have an excuse to buy more dole whips.

ExtinctJenn

I'm so completely confused on this... if they felt this needed different seats, why didn't they do it when they did the huge refurb (and finally killed Iago) back in what, 2011? And I have to agree with the above comments re: this so not being where they need to have their attention/funds right now. Fix what's broken, not what's beautiful, fully functional and just hard on a butt!

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
LOL I couldn't imagine what 3 pages of Tiki benches contained but to be honest I bypassed page 2....:D. Just brought to mind that when waiting in line earlier this week some rude foriegn peeps shoved by and told us not to waste our time, the attraction was really stupid. Then it occured to me they must have been referring to the preshow and assumed that was IT!!!o_O The preshow was just about to enter the show as they came out the "in"....so we had a good laugh about that and will think of it for years to come when going to see the Tiki room....

As for benches? I have never been uncomfortable sitting for a few in there....and I love the show...Wally and Fulton did a great job with the script and it's timeless imho. Sooooooooooooooooooooo glad the new management....er...started smoking....;).

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I was there today and noticed some space between the back row and the wall. Could they perhaps plan to move the benches a bit back and add an extra row so more people fit in the theater?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom