New Seating in the Tiki Room

Tom

Beta Return
Do the bears around you typically wear clothes? o_O

You know what I mean :D

And for those who don't.....the polar bear whose mechanical parts were exposed because a tree stump (or whatever it was) had broken apart on Maelstrom.....and left like that while guests were riding through. Shameful.

tomman710

Look guys, this is needed ... TDO never wastes money. These benches are part of the new USIMS Initiative (Uncomfortable Seating Initiates Merchandise Sales). CONFIRMED RUMOR: TDO will invest 1.2 billion dollars to redo all seating across WDW to ensure people will be uncomfortable and trigger a desire to purchase special RFID Heat Activated Cushion De-Uncomfortablizers to use at all venues!

I for one applaud TDO for investing in new seating at Tiki Room, and if you are not an idiot fan who doesn't know nothing, you would too!

Sincerely,

Mr. James Hill

The Empress Lilly

The work is being done in March or April.
(I'll confirm and edit later...)
Tiki will stay open during the work, which will happen during third shift. Expect to see half the theater blocked/covered while work is being done.
Four weeks for benches. You know, I'll never understand this. I'm sure I overlook something or some such. But, give me six guys and eight hours and we'll have brand new benches installed in the entire Tiki room, firmly bolted to the floor too.

The Empress Lilly

Nothing....they worked perfectly in March, May and November. They never malfunction and aren't a problem - thus it only makes sense that TDO would invest money in bench work, while Norway has an animatronic bear in his birthday suit.
Hey, the comfort of my rosy cheeks should be of utmost concern to TDO! I for one applaud new, comfy benches!*
Me above a robot bear!

* Trust TDO, however, to take six weeks and end up with benches equally uncomfortable as the previous ones. Maybe they are making wider walkways, to cater to today's bus-sized guests.

nytimez

Four weeks for benches. You know, I'll never understand this. I'm sure I overlook something or some such. But, give me six guys and eight hours and we'll have brand new benches installed in the entire Tiki room, firmly bolted to the floor too.

You're missing the point. These will not just be any new set of benches. These will be the most expansive and immersive benches in the history of the Magic Kingdom. You will be literally swept away in the story of bench the moment you sit down in them.

I'm surprised they can install them so quickly.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It's like they've been reading my mind. After every trip I dream of new Tiki room benches. Well done, well done indeed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom