New Rockwork at Enchanted tales

djkidkaz

Then why does Ariel have an OBVIOUS black pole in her back, and why is there so much OBVIOUS scaffolding and such in the Mermaid ride?

Yeah that seen with flotsam and jetsom or whatever their names are is really bad! The walls don't look like their finished being painted and you can see the catwalk. I don't know why they don't build out the rock work better in that area or put a scrim above you to hide it. Same goes for under the sea scene. Just put a large scrim above and project some water effects or something. All I can think is that there are some regulations that prevent them from covering these areas.

bhg469

I noticed this while waiting for the wife to get out of the potty. The same one shed been to seven times this trip, yet could never locate. I be all like "Why ain't you studying this place like I do?!" ... "Yo?"
Then I was all like hurry cuz Claire had to ride the Mad Tea Party
D9CCE41D-2F05-4B78-91E3-539A98C095C4-3850-000002A62426BE7E_zpsa75adf7a.jpg
For realz dawg!

Scuttle

Then why does Ariel have an OBVIOUS black pole in her back, and why is there so much OBVIOUS scaffolding and such in the Mermaid ride?
Same goes for Flounder. The ride really isn't very good. These are obvious show issues for first time riders. It's not just us fans that see this stuff. What sucks is that the ride has so much potential and it was wasted.

Prototype82

My question is- what does it look like from in front of Maurice's cottage? Because I'm not going to be stoked to see a giant scrim there this spring break. I'm bringing some newcomers with me... Wasn't there already rockwork to begin with?

dstrawn9889

My question is- what does it look like from in front of Maurice's cottage? Because I'm not going to be stoked to see a giant scrim there this spring break. I'm bringing some newcomers with me... Wasn't there already rockwork to begin with?
rockwork to hide backstage RTT

Rob562

I've always liked to think that they decided not to hide it because they have long-term plans for the Speedway that would hide it when built and felt it wasn't necessary to spend the money now... (Not that I think it's *likely*, but hey, we can all hope, right?)

-Rob

spacemt354

Chili's
Which is why there is a giant beige show building sticking out both ends of hogwarts castle?

Trying to go tit for tat in regards to how many show buildings are visible between Orlando competitors is frivolous. The point I feel is that Disney should not use the fact that competition has a visible show building as an excuse for their own faults.
HauntedMansionWDW1972.3.jpg

Haunted Mansion WDW, 1972

People like to think WDW was perfect back in the day. If the Haunted Mansion, one of my favorite rides, opened its doors with its show building visible, imagine what these boards would do.

Tallying up Uni faults to prove Disney is better isn't a good argument when Disney has the same faults if not more.

In regards to the rockwork, I'm glad Disney is taking the time to fix an issue that to me wasn't even that big of a deal. It shows they still have a devotion to the little things. I just wish they continued this type of thinking and apply it to areas that need work throughout the parks.

Last edited:

phi2134

Trying to go tit for tat in regards to how many show buildings are visible between Orlando competitors is frivolous. The point I feel is that Disney should use the fact that competition has a visible show building as an excuse for their own faults.
HauntedMansionWDW1972.3.jpg

Haunted Mansion WDW, 1972

People like to think WDW was perfect back in the day. If the Haunted Mansion, one of my favorite rides, opened its doors with its show building visible, imagine what these boards would do.

Tallying up Uni faults to prove Disney is better isn't a good argument when Disney has the same faults if not more.

In regards to the rockwork, I'm glad Disney is taking the time to fix an issue that to me wasn't even that big of a deal. It shows they still have a devotion to the little things. I just wish they continued this type of thinking and apply it to areas that need work throughout the parks.

That's amazing how things have changed since then, back then the haunted mansion reminds me of the house from the Clue movie, now it seems perfect as there are more trees now, everything is overgrown and the theming seems perfect.

Matt_Black

Which is why there is a giant beige show building sticking out both ends of hogwarts castle?

Show what you know! Clearly, Uni is being authentic to not just official works, but fanfiction. Those beige "show buildings" are obviously tentacles for the story where Hogwarts and a giant squid in the lagoon had... uh... had relations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom