new rides?

xfkirsten

Originally posted by AndyP
Sounds like it needs some serious maintenance. A new ride to replace that simulator would be a great idea. Or the river rapids idea someone posted, that would be real keeping with the park, sounds like a good idea.I also think Seaworld would be great at making this type of attraction, I think they did a great job with Journey to Atlantis!

Here in San Diego, we actually do have a river rapids attraction, called Shipwreck Rapids. It's a good one, and in the summer it feels great to get soaked!

-Kirsten

speck76

San Antonio has one too, as do both Busch Gardens. they are fairly cheap to install, and Sea World already has a resevoir to draw the water from (ok, it is a large pond, but at Cedar Point, we took the water from Sandusky Bay, so it could be done)

xfkirsten

Originally posted by speck76
San Antonio has one too, as do both Busch Gardens. they are fairly cheap to install, and Sea World already has a resevoir to draw the water from (ok, it is a large pond, but at Cedar Point, we took the water from Sandusky Bay, so it could be done)

I'd forgotten about the one at SWT. I was on it back in 99, but I think that was the last time I was on it. And here in San Diego, we have a HUGE water source to draw on. ;)

-Kirsten

xfkirsten

SeaWorld of California is located right on Mission Bay, so all the water for attractions and exhibits is drawn right up from the bay, filtered, put into the exhibits, taken out of the exhibits, filtered again, and sent right back out to the bay. The beauty of it all is - the water is cleaner when it is put back into the bay than when we take it out! :lol:

-Kirsten

speck76

Sorry, I was being stupid (and sarcastic)

I was to the Sea World in San Diego when I was 4...that was 24 years ago, so I do not remember too much.

Now, I was also to the San Diego Zoo 2 years ago, that place is great.

xfkirsten

Originally posted by speck76
Sorry, I was being stupid (and sarcastic)

I was to the Sea World in San Diego when I was 4...that was 24 years ago, so I do not remember too much.

Now, I was also to the San Diego Zoo 2 years ago, that place is great.

LOL Sorry, emotion doesn't come across well in posts like that unless you use smilies. :p

San Diego Zoo is good. Wild Animal Park is better. :p

-Kirsten

speck76

I did not get a chance to go there, but I really wanted to.

I am due to be in Palm Springs for some training in July. I want to head over afterwards and go to DL and DCA (and Knott's/MM if there is time) I don't think I will get a chance to hit the WAP this trip either.

:mad:

xfkirsten

Yeah, unfortunately the WAP is way out in the boonies. It's about 45 min from my place. But they sell discouont tickets to us on campus, so I can't complain. ;) I need to get out there again with my camera.

-Kirsten

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom