New ride in Seus Landing?

kisimm

Original Poster
I was at IOA in Dec of 2000 and there was a monorail type set-up going around and in and out of buildings at sues landing. There was a sign indicating a new ride was opening in the spring of 2001, but I have no clue nor have I heard of this ride.

Anyone have any further info?

It looked like a rail system (sort of a monarail). There was a ramp leading up to a platform inside a tall house and then railings going from this house to another and so forth around Suez Landing.

Thanks

kal1484

It was supposed to be up a long time ago, it was being built a long time ago....it's just goes around...that's what one of the IOA peps said

The_CEO

Thats been there since the park opened.. It will never open.. They have had to many problems with it and decided to keep it closed :(....
~ Justin...

kisimm

Original Poster
new ride in Seuz Landing?

Thanks for the fast replies everyone.
I knew someone would have the answer....even though it was a sad answer for what looked like a fun ride.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
one of the main reasons is that due to its setup, the ride would be nearly impossible to evacuate in an emergency

Luau Cove

Really a pity. It looked like a Seuss version of TTA. I was looking forward for this mysterious ride to open sometime in the future, but it seems there's no medicine. I think there's got to be something more than people throwing things from above....

-->LUAU

Al

Originally posted by mktiggerman
one of the main reasons is that due to its setup, the ride would be nearly impossible to evacuate in an emergency

yes, thats correct :) i really hope they do manage to find a way to evacuate :D

woofboy111

They have rides like this in many other parks. It's just a monorail, so I don't know what the big problem is. Even if they do have long lines, it should still be open to bring down the waits of other rides. If this ride breaks down, it would be easier to evacuate than a ride like cable cars.

njchris65

It seems very odd to me that in this day and age they would design a ride without an evacuation route. Somehow that just doesn't seem correct.

I'd be more inclined to believe it is because of mechanical problems.

Last year I did see the cars moving along the "ride", with characters in the seats.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by njchris65
It seems very odd to me that in this day and age they would design a ride without an evacuation route. Somehow that just doesn't seem correct.

I'd be more inclined to believe it is because of mechanical problems.

Last year I did see the cars moving along the "ride", with characters in the seats.

nope.. no mechanical problems. Each one of the character cars that rides in Seuss Landing weighs as much as one w/ an average adult and child. I've seen parts of the track inside the buildings, and speaking w/ people in Universal Creative (Imagineering @ Universal) I can assure you, there is no good way to evacuate it. The only way to evacuate it would involve shutting down Seuss Landing

I've also seen both the cars on the track and the queue known as the "Grinch's Lair" during Christmastime. The latter looks really neglected, almost as if construction crews forgot to clean up (no grass, scattered wood, with an oveerall 'messy' look to it). What a shame and waste of $$$. Maybe it'll eventually open...who knows. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom