New restaurants at Disney Springs look pretty good!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Although the Asian place seems more like a P.F. Changs on steroids, but maybe it will be better than that.
Not sure if it will be a similar menu, but the Morimoto in Philly is not really anything like PF Changs. It definitely leans more towards Japanese than Chinese food. The Philly location is a Steven Starr owned restaurant and I don't believe this one is so it could be a completely different menu.
So i'm confused here, is The Boathouse like an undercover Gibson's establishment?
It's being operated by Gibson's restaurant group. Similar to how T-Rex and Rainforest are operated by Landry's. Gibson's steakhouses in Chicago are IMHO the best of the best. Ridiculously high priced, but I have only eaten there on the company's dime so I never complain. I imagine the menu will be dumbed down some from a Gibson's steakhouse since it's huge.

71jason

Not sure if it will be a similar menu, but the Morimoto in Philly is not really anything like PF Changs. It definitely leans more towards Japanese than Chinese food. The Philly location is a Steven Starr owned restaurant and I don't believe this one is so it could be a completely different menu.

According to Scott Joseph, this will be different than the existing Morimoto restaurants (he calls it "Morimoto in name only"): http://www.scottjosephorlando.com/index.php/news/2698-morimoto-in-name-only

Can read a lot between the lines there, but reserving judgment until the place is actually open, or at least a menu is released. We simply don't know yet if this will be a high end restaurant serving authentic cuisine or a PF Changs on steroids.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
According to Scott Joseph, this will be different than the existing Morimoto restaurants (he calls it "Morimoto in name only"): http://www.scottjosephorlando.com/index.php/news/2698-morimoto-in-name-only

Can read a lot between the lines there, but reserving judgment until the place is actually open, or at least a menu is released. We simply don't know yet if this will be a high end restaurant serving authentic cuisine or a PF Changs on steroids.
Makes sense. Morimoto in Philly/NY is part of the Steven Starr restaurant group. They already have an "Asian" restaurant called Buddakan which leans more Chinese food and could probably be considered more like a PF Changs on steroids although I think it's really much better. Morimoto here is definitely more heavily Japanese with great sushi. Considering the size of the facility they probably need to expand the offerings to keep the place full and appeal to a broader market.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom