New resort availability tool on members website

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
Has anyone else seen or played with the new tool? It's pretty cool. I think it's still in testing and has a few bugs, but when working it allows you to pick multiple resorts and room types for a period of time and tells you which (if any) are available. The biggest advantage is that it allows you to see availability for all resorts at 11 months. If you are hoping for a trade in at 7 months you can now see if it's available ahead of time. It's about time. This was a much needed upgrade IMHO.

When fully rolled out it is supposed to be under the vacation planning tab instead of under my vacations where the reservation tool is currently. It disappeared from that tab for now, but here's a link to the page anyway:
https://dvc.disney.go.com/members/availability-checker

BigTxEars

I saw it yesterday, it is cool. It appears to be gone today. Guess they are still working on it. But it should make things much easier planning options going forward.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yep it's gone again. The link I posted still works though.

One other thing I forgot. The search period is now 90 days instead of 14. If you want to look at availability for the fall for food and wine now you can put in 9/1 to 11/10 and see which resorts have availability and which week. Very useful for both long term and last minute planning.

BigTxEars

Yep it's gone again. The link I posted still works though.

One other thing I forgot. The search period is now 90 days instead of 14. If you want to look at availability for the fall for food and wine now you can put in 9/1 to 11/10 and see which resorts have availability and which week. Very useful for both long term and last minute planning.

That is cool.

I messed around with it yesterday. We are waiting for ROFR for some more points, if we get them we have many more options for our trip in late Jan. Right now I can get a 2 bedroom at OKW or AK the week we are going with the points we own plus the ones we bid on. :)

Tom

Beta Return
Has anyone else seen or played with the new tool? It's pretty cool. I think it's still in testing and has a few bugs, but when working it allows you to pick multiple resorts and room types for a period of time and tells you which (if any) are available. The biggest advantage is that it allows you to see availability for all resorts at 11 months. If you are hoping for a trade in at 7 months you can now see if it's available ahead of time. It's about time. This was a much needed upgrade IMHO.

When fully rolled out it is supposed to be under the vacation planning tab instead of under my vacations where the reservation tool is currently. It disappeared from that tab for now, but here's a link to the page anyway:
https://dvc.disney.go.com/members/availability-checker

This will certainly be useful! Can't wait for it to go live.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
The tool is back on the page again:). After logging in click 'Vacation Planning' and then click 'Resort Availability Tool' to access it.

Tom

Beta Return
Interesting.... we have no desire to book anywhere but our HOME Resort (WL), always at the 11 month mark.

BUT - I'll still look at this tool for EVERY resort at the 7 month mark. It will indicate to us the TRUE POTENTIAL for 7 month booking - ie, how true is it that one can ACTUALLY BOOK a non-home resort at 7 months, and which resorts ACTUALLY HAVE openings at the 7 month point.

We own at SSR and have never stayed there. Since 2008, we've booked at 7 mos at BLT, AKL-Kidani, WLV, GFV, OKW. BLT was the only tough one...but we got one of the last few Lake View 1BRs.

TomHendricks

Tried using it today, our plans for an upcoming August vacation have changed. So thought I would use it to look at any availability then book. The tool was majorly wrong with all locations. Was able to book a 1 bedroom at Saratoga Springs.

BigTxEars

Tried using it today, our plans for an upcoming August vacation have changed. So thought I would use it to look at any availability then book. The tool was majorly wrong with all locations. Was able to book a 1 bedroom at Saratoga Springs.

I noticed that the other day as well, what it showed was not the same as what the system showed when you checked the resorts one by one. I guess some bugs left to work out :)

BigTxEars

Too bad - it could have been good. There is ONE DATABASE - you would think a competent coder could query it. Oh wait, a COMPETENT coder COULD.

I am sure they will get it right, I guess with all the room types and resorts plus the cancellations and bookings it a very fluid database. But I agree in 2014 it seems that they could run a system that matched. But we have a huge commuter network at work and it does the same type of goofy things everyday.

TomHendricks

I ment to update my post from earlier. So either something was fixed or perhaps the day I was using it the information was wrong. We used it again recently and it was 100% spot on and we were able to book our next trip in February using it. It really did take the hassle out of trying to figure where to stay. The ability to quickly change parameters is what makes it so great. So we're going February 11th to 16th 2015 and using the availability tool is what made it all happen.

Nemo14

and there's a lot to be said for selfies while telepathying...
th

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom