New Project Preview

Vipraa

Original Poster
Been working on this for a while now and am finally getting close to having enough done to start posting it. I wanted to have a blank canvas to build ideas from so I'm not limited by the constraints and overhead of the current resorts. This is all pure blue sky while being as realistic and and feasible as possible. This project is meant to pump out good attractions, lands and experience ideas while just being good fun.

Texas Disney Resort
Disney Texas Resort Poster.jpg

Preview
The Resort will located just off Interstate 10 outside of Houston. This project will be partly based off my Disneyland Oasis plans from the WEDCAR Race competition. It will be located approximately less then 30 mins from Houston (largest population in TX), 2 hours from San Antonio and 100 miles from Galveston for cruises with other large metro areas not much farther. This allows the resort to have a large local population while be close to a Port for Disney Cruise line and other tourist destinations.

The Resort will complement both Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts by being distinctly its own and unique while being unmistakeably Disney and familiar. This will help guest want to come to then new resort and the old ones by providing different experiences when they vacation to different resorts.

Any ideas, thoughts or improvements are welcome and wanted. Full project thread coming soon. Thanks for reading.

Jahona

My first thought to your location was another park in high humidity. I would actually think a park between Houston and San Antonio on i10 would be a great central location to 3 of the more popular locations in Texas. Thinking around Columbus Texas. Also there is an abundance of land that is not developed.

As someone from the DFW area, I would love to see something farther North as our tourism could use a boost. You have the added benefit of DFW Airport being a major hub.

I'm interested to see where you take this and what ideas you have to create new parks that are different than the ones we currently have.

Sam Magic

Very excited to see more, but the lack of water in Texas and the west added with the great drought expected does make this REALLY Blue Sky.

Vipraa

Original Poster
Thanks for the support guys. Been really busy so this has been a long slow haul project because I want to be detailed.

@Jahona Thats why I choose that area. The high amount of open land and its got a high local population with Houstan area alone being 6.2 million and the fifth fastest growing metro area in the US. San Antonio area has a population of 2.3 million additional people and has grown by over half a million in the last 10 years. This will allow the resort to survive off of locals while its gains popularity with domestic and foreign tourists.

@Sam4D23 Texas has less of a water problem then California does currently. Sure its not going to be a WDW with lakes and waterways everywhere but that really not that big of a deal.

Any Ideas on attractions or anything are welcome. Im going to try to continue to build this resort out for the long haul and am open to any changes to improve it.

Ill leave you with another small teaser
Mark VIII Monorail Teaser.jpg

Voxel

President of Progress City
Thanks for the support guys. Been really busy so this has been a long slow haul project because I want to be detailed.

@Jahona Thats why I choose that area. The high amount of open land and its got a high local population with Houstan area alone being 6.2 million and the fifth fastest growing metro area in the US. San Antonio area has a population of 2.3 million additional people and has grown by over half a million in the last 10 years. This will allow the resort to survive off of locals while its gains popularity with domestic and foreign tourists.

@Sam4D23 Texas has less of a water problem then California does currently. Sure its not going to be a WDW with lakes and waterways everywhere but that really not that big of a deal.

Any Ideas on attractions or anything are welcome. Im going to try to continue to build this resort out for the long haul and am open to any changes to improve it.

Ill leave you with another small teaserView attachment 71098
37Ez5CZ8P0jSM.gif

Well done, You have addressed on of the key issues of building a Disney Park. That area of Texas is brilliant along with Austin growing as a tech area, you have plenty of demand for something like this.

Moisture farms arn't far off either, if water was such a "massive" issue, but as you said California has a massive water issue.

Sam Magic

37Ez5CZ8P0jSM.gif

Well done, You have addressed on of the key issues of building a Disney Park. That area of Texas is brilliant along with Austin growing as a tech area, you have plenty of demand for something like this.

Moisture farms arn't far off either, if water was such a "massive" issue, but as you said California has a massive water issue.
It would be more of an issue if it was in Dallas or as mentioned earlier California, but building something so big in Texas does bring the issue.

The only period where things could be bad would be the summer time.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
37Ez5CZ8P0jSM.gif

60c6f3b135b53e34aff2a32e1a3d3e75.jpg

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Ill leave you with another small teaserView attachment 71098
Meh, Florida may have a lot of water, but a lot of it is not usable.

It's the only state I can think of that is half flooded (swamps) and rains for at least 1/2 the year on a regular basis that still has water restrictions.

Vipraa

Original Poster
Castle is a new evolution of Snow White Castle from my disneyland oasis resort for the wedcar competition. Its the castle on the logo. It will complete the trio of original princess's castles at the domestic parks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom