New Packet Pick-Up Rules

FerretAfros

Original Poster
They offer deferment until the next year's race. You have to pay to do it (~$30 to defer, plus the price difference between years), but it's a good option for people who honestly can't make it to the event. Hopefully with the new rule, they will also make that option more well known, since it's not exactly clear on their website

Disney Dawg88

They offer deferment until the next year's race. You have to pay to do it (~$30 to defer, plus the price difference between years), but it's a good option for people who honestly can't make it to the event. Hopefully with the new rule, they will also make that option more well known, since it's not exactly clear on their website
Is that a new rule? The reason I ask is that the only policy that they've had, that I've been aware of, is if you don't participate you lose your entry fee, but you will be guaranteed a spot in the race the following year but still have to pay the full entry fee again.

Ariel484

Is that a new rule? The reason I ask is that the only policy that they've had, that I've been aware of, is if you don't participate you lose your entry fee, but you will be guaranteed a spot in the race the following year but still have to pay the full entry fee again.
They have had deferral options for awhile (at least since 2011 - I first ran the marathon in 2012 and met a lady that had originally been signed up for the 2011 - slipped on some ice on New Year's Eve and broke her arm, and it was too late for her to defer her entry, so that was when I'd first hear about it), they're just buried in the website. Difficult to find.

Here's the wording from the site for how to defer entry to the 2014 Wine & Dine half...it was in the Registration section:

Deferrals

• If you register for the 2014 Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend you may defer your registration to the 2015 Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend subject to availability, on or before October 23, 2014.
  • Deferral requests will be assessed a $45 processing fee if completed by September 25, 2014. Deferral requests will be assessed a $70 processing fee if completed between September 26 and October 23, 2014.
  • Deferrals are not allowed for Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K or runDisney Kids Races.
  • The Deferral link will be available June 1, 2014.

Texas84

Restriction is still on for Marathon weekend. Maybe it's just for this event? I confused.

YOU MUST PICK UP YOUR OWN PARTICIPANT PACKET (WHICH INCLUDES YOUR EVENT-ISSUED BIB NUMBER AND TIMING DEVICE) DURING REGULARLY SCHEDULED HOURS. Individuals will no longer be able to pick up participant packets on behalf of others.

FerretAfros

Original Poster
Restriction is still on for Marathon weekend. Maybe it's just for this event? I confused.

YOU MUST PICK UP YOUR OWN PARTICIPANT PACKET (WHICH INCLUDES YOUR EVENT-ISSUED BIB NUMBER AND TIMING DEVICE) DURING REGULARLY SCHEDULED HOURS. Individuals will no longer be able to pick up participant packets on behalf of others.
They announced the new rule after registration for W&D had opened. Since it impacts travel plans, rD decided to continue with the old rules for all races whose registration had already begun (also including DL1/2) and only begin enforcing them for new race registrations after that point. The announcement was made prior to registration opening for Avengers, so the new policy will be enforced on both coasts beginning with that race.

It will be interesting to see what changes they make to the unpublicized race day pick up, since I assume there will be runners with unanticipated travel delays (especially for the winter races)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom