New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

PoorSkippy

I don't know if I'd say that this looks so far from an early spring completion. I work in construction, and while I fully acknowledge that I don't know exactly all that is entailed in what they are trying to build here, this doesn't necessarily look to be in such bad shape from the photos. I know Disney seems to be moving at a glacial pace with some of their projects lately, but I don't think appearances alone scream that April would be impossible.

It really seems like there was ample time since announcement of this project to have it finished by Easter 2016, and I'm crossing my fingers that is the intention! I think the bigger unknown is how much time is needed to run through the performance before they are ready to debut the show. I would think that DAK's relatively early park closing would help the construction along moreso than in other parks.

Cesar R M

This has been under construction for some time and doesn't look anywhere near complete. I have no insider information, but I wouldn't plan on an opening before May. There's just so much that needs to happen with a brand new show that includes live performers.

If they are in any rush at all, and it doesn't appear so, I would guess they'd like to have it open for next summer. Just my opinion.
imho, building in water isnt that easy. I still remember how they had to set up metal barriers to build in the water.

Biff215

imho, building in water isnt that easy. I still remember how they had to set up metal barriers to build in the water.

Good point, I completely agree. My comment wasn't meant to be a criticism of Disney's speed on this project, but more that I don't see them suddenly rushing this along for early spring. Only time will tell!

Haymarket2008

Wait it's reportedly behind schedule?? The construction looks well on its way. Apart from technical elements that have to do specifically with the performance, I'd be shocked if this wasn't open by April/May

Next Big Thing

Wait it's reportedly behind schedule?? The construction looks well on its way. Apart from technical elements that have to do specifically with the performance, I'd be shocked if this wasn't open by April/May
No, the March 2016 was never reported by Disney. The only thing they've ever said is "Spring 2016". So May would be opening on-time.

alissafalco

I could have sworn I read somewhere that is was an April opening. I wish I could remember where. I hope it's in April as well. I will be there the last week in April. If it opens in May, isn't Frozen supposed to open in May as well? Would they open those 2 things at the same time?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, Oct 11. Looking across the lake from Asia, the rock work along the shoreline hiding show infrastructure is almost complete, with some new ground level landscaping installed. Behind the existing trees and bamboo is the Flame Tree Barbecue building.

IMG_6632.JPG

Just to the right of the above photo, a close up of additional shoreline show infrastructure being installed directly behind one of the closed outdoor dining pavilions at Flame Tree Barbecue.

IMG_6633.JPG

The same area in the above photo, taken from the Flame Tree Barbecue dining pavilion. In the foreground, wire mesh for rock work is being installed to hide show infrastructure. The concrete structure with the flat top is new, not seen previously.

IMG_6638.JPG

In the below photo on the right side, shoreline show infrastructure is installed just to the side, and very close, to the show seating area. Of course, the "island" has been shown in previous photos.

IMG_6636.JPG

An overview of the main show building and seating areas.

IMG_6637.JPG

Cesar R M

Photo update as of Sunday, Oct 11. Looking across the lake from Asia, the rock work along the shoreline hiding show infrastructure is almost complete, with some new ground level landscaping installed. Behind the existing trees and bamboo is the Flame Tree Barbecue building.

View attachment 114279

Just to the right of the above photo, a close up of additional shoreline show infrastructure being installed directly behind one of the closed outdoor dining pavilions at Flame Tree Barbecue.

View attachment 114280

The same area in the above photo, taken from the Flame Tree Barbecue dining pavilion. In the foreground, wire mesh for rock work is being installed to hide show infrastructure. The concrete structure with the flat top is new, not seen previously.

View attachment 114283

In the below photo on the right side, shoreline show infrastructure is installed just to the side, and very close, to the show seating area. Of course, the "island" has been shown in previous photos.

View attachment 114281

An overview of the main show building and seating areas.

View attachment 114282
nice.. no idea why it reminds me of Tokyo DisneySea's way of hiding the utilities and equipment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom