New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Notes from Neverland

Can confirm that the Storytellers (2 per side) walked through the crowd earlier this week. Not sure when the change was made, but they started doing this before the show started. It was a fun thing to watch before the show itself started.

Also, since this was my first time watching, I did like it. However, we had to wait a solid 45ish minutes to make sure we had a seat. It filled up extremely quickly. Not sure if the show was worth that kind of wait.

cjkeating

It'd really be a dream come true if the lanterns where implemented into the show, but I think if they where to do this they would do it on a marketable year like the 50th anniversary.

Also i think they would have to change the show a little bit if they had the lanterns in the show. Remember, they had to quickly change the show when they decided the lanterns wouldn't make it for the opening.

Yes. I think the lanterns could be brought into the current show as a secondary feature however to use them as originally intended would require the first half of the show to be restaged.

Currently the show is lotus > storytellers > animal floats > lotus > 5th lotus whereas I believe the original was lanterns > storytellers > animal floats > lotus > 5th lotus and then to continue as per the current show.

FigmentJedi

We got some preshow shots of Ambu and Aseema thanks to a mommy blogger twitter.

tumblr_owi609xECh1sa3t1go4_400.jpg

tumblr_owi609xECh1sa3t1go1_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_owi5weV5TL1rn9eqb_540.jpg

https://twitter.com/ShawnaLeneeShow/status/909933900755034119

PorterRedkey

Earlier this week we saw "B-mode". No Turtle float (it seemed to breakdown moments before the show) and no fire at the end.
I was at that show (my first) and I was extremely disappointed in the show. However, I saw it with a friend from the boards on Sunday and it was much better. The wind conditions were perfect and the large screen looked good. One of the smaller loti lost its fountains for a minute or two, but other than that it was smooth sailing.

The Sunday show was a very nice close to the evening. I really enjoyed it. However, I wonder what the experience will be the next time. For a company that says they value consistency in their experiences, RoL is pretty unpredictable.

DisneyNerd12

I was at that show (my first) and I was extremely disappointed in the show. However, I saw it with a friend from the boards on Sunday and it was much better. The wind conditions were perfect and the large screen looked good. One of the smaller loti lost its fountains for a minute or two, but other than that it was smooth sailing.

The Sunday show was a very nice close to the evening. I really enjoyed it. However, I wonder what the experience will be the next time. For a company that says they value consistency in their experiences, RoL is pretty unpredictable.
Kinda like the dragon in FOF... Half the time it breaths a long perfect string of a fire and half the time it makes these small fireballs or noting at all..

jaxonp

I still think this show is pretty good. I enjoy it the more I see it. I do agree that getting there 45 min early is too much but you could say that about most Disney shows. The problem is connecting with the audience. The show isn't high energy and has ZERO IP to fall back on. It's ROE again except it doesn't have as many wow moments. I really wish they had just made this a WOC type show. Maybe they can add more fountains when they redo this show. The animal floats are nice but add little, the two boats with the shaman telling the "story" are kinda lame too. The projections, when on, are amazing. The floating lotus are cool when they work and the music is really really beautiful. They just need to add more to this show. Floating lanterns will not change this show drastically. Put some fire cannons all around the lake for the finale, have 4 more lotus come out at the end... do something over the top. Sophistication apparently isn't enough for the crowd in Orlando.

PorterRedkey

Kinda like the dragon in FOF... Half the time it breaths a long perfect string of a fire and half the time it makes these small fireballs or noting at all..
I think RoL had a more... diverse string of issues than FoF.
For the dragon in FoF, they have already trimmed some trees so he can breathe fire more than 5 times per parade. I think the dragon is able to breathe fire 12 times per parade now.

FigmentJedi

I still think this show is pretty good. I enjoy it the more I see it. I do agree that getting there 45 min early is too much but you could say that about most Disney shows. The problem is connecting with the audience. The show isn't high energy and has ZERO IP to fall back on. It's ROE again except it doesn't have as many wow moments. I really wish they had just made this a WOC type show. Maybe they can add more fountains when they redo this show. The animal floats are nice but add little, the two boats with the shaman telling the "story" are kinda lame too. The projections, when on, are amazing. The floating lotus are cool when they work and the music is really really beautiful. They just need to add more to this show. Floating lanterns will not change this show drastically. Put some fire cannons all around the lake for the finale, have 4 more lotus come out at the end... do something over the top. Sophistication apparently isn't enough for the crowd in Orlando.
They need to work more on forging a connection between the shamans and the audience. The preshow stuff they have going on now is a good step forward for that (reclaiming the original procession opening would be another), but having them be purely pantomime characters is a mistake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom