New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

EdC

You can see quite a bit of the construction from the bridge between dinoland and discovery island. Looks like the viewing area has plastic pipes in place between the viewing sections. Either for lighting or to protect/encase concrete since its a damp location?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, Feb 1. The PVC pipes that were in the foreground are gone now.

IMG_4700.JPG

IMG_4702.JPG

Rob562

I'm really curious to see how they theme the viewing areas. AK has always been WDW's most beautiful park because of its luch landscaping and I'm sure the designers of this new area realize that. Looking forward to what they come up with.

A ways back in this thread, I think, I did some armchair Imagineering that they could make terraced viewing areas that take a tea field/rice paddy design aesthetic but cover them in grass, or more likely artificial turf. That way you'd get World-of-Color-like viewing areas but ones that are green and pretty during the day.

-Rob

hpyhnt 1000

A ways back in this thread, I think, I did some armchair Imagineering that they could make terraced viewing areas that take a tea field/rice paddy design aesthetic but cover them in grass, or more likely artificial turf. That way you'd get World-of-Color-like viewing areas but ones that are green and pretty during the day.

-Rob

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the final result for the areas by Everest. Rice paddies/tea fields would work perfectly into the Asian theme.

cookiee_munster

has there been any more theory's as to how the lake will be fit for the water screens? ie filters etc?

i watched a world of colour video a few weeks ago and noticed there was quite a bit of spray on the camera lens. don't really feel that keen on being sprayed by microbes of mucky lake water.

cjkeating

Have they expanded the land into the lake? A lot of the photos just seem to show them moving dirt around but maybe that is what they have been doing for so long?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom