New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Exactly. To expand a bit, the Asia side could not function withoit a reservation system. This is because of the lack of holding areas, that can even plague FP Crowds. In very, very early planning, they wanted just the innermost portions of Asia and Dinoland to be FP, but that fell through very quickly. Even for the moderately recieved JB show, the half of the oath dedicated to Fp was jammed. No FP = No RoL. Also, they could silently open FPs day of, and they would fill. That is what they did with JB's "Soft Opening" day.
Yeah, I don't see how, with this low capacity, they could do this without FP, It needs to be essentially a ticketed event. Where would 5-6-7000 people stand? What would the 2k that don't get in do?

I agree with you, this will open with FP for sure.

Soon.

:cautious:

TTA94

Yeah, I don't see how, with this low capacity, they could do this without FP, It needs to be essentially a ticketed event. Where would 5-6-7000 people stand? What would the 2k that don't get in do?

I agree with you, this will open with FP for sure.

Soon.

:cautious:

They really are going to need more than one show a night. Though I could see it first opening with only one performance to make sure everything goes smoothly before adding a second show.

Jeremy Geertsema

So, there's this lady on YouTube who apparently talked to one of the Entertainment Managers at Rivers of Light, and was told that softs are supposed to happen by Valentine's Day. She was also told that the show was once 26 mins long and now is 16 mins.....

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, there's this lady on YouTube who apparently talked to one of the Entertainment Managers at Rivers of Light, and was told that softs are supposed to happen by Valentine's Day. She was also told that the show was once 26 mins long and now is 16 mins.....
The show was 18 mins when presented during the cast previews. It is now slightly shorter, but not significantly.

180º

Opinions may vary here, but as for me:

Fantasmic! and Reflections of Earth are proof that a great nighttime show can be 25 minutes or 12 minutes long.

Any version of World of Color and, let's say, the Frozen fireworks, are proof that a just okay nighttime show can be 25 minutes or 12 minutes long.

I'm not worried about the length of RoL, but I am anxiously hoping the content will be great.

BintheMarigny

I guess they could have come from Hollywood Studios, but between Animal Kingdom and Hollywood studios is Coronado Springs. The fireworks seemed closer than whatever that distance must be, also I wouldn't believe I could see those streamer type ground fireworks Disney likes to use from that distance. But I suppose it could all been a sugar fueled mirage

Magic Feather

The show was 18 mins when presented during the cast previews. It is now slightly shorter, but not significantly.

Bouncing off of @wdwmagic , the initial show was a bit longer, although, I believe it was about 22 min originally. Also, a few of the segments that CMs commented as dragging on, resulting in a slight shortening to keep things moving.

I guess they could have come from Hollywood Studios, but between Animal Kingdom and Hollywood studios is Coronado Springs. The fireworks seemed closer than whatever that distance must be, also I wouldn't believe I could see those streamer type ground fireworks Disney likes to use from that distance. But I suppose it could all been a sugar fueled mirage
The place where they launch the fireworks for Hollywood Studios was recently moved closer to Coronado for the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. Outside of the park boundaries.

cjkeating

Opinions may vary here, but as for me:

Fantasmic! and Reflections of Earth are proof that a great nighttime show can be 25 minutes or 12 minutes long.

Any version of World of Color and, let's say, the Frozen fireworks, are proof that a just okay nighttime show can be 25 minutes or 12 minutes long.

I'm not worried about the length of RoL, but I am anxiously hoping the content will be great.

I agree that show length does not = quality however I feel like if you have made effort to secure a fast pass or joined a line to be guaranteed a seat/place you should be rewarded with a longer show. The fireworks at MK/Epcot/DHS are all 10-15 minutes whereas Fantasmic is 25. WoC is similar to DCA other than you don't get a seat (but have to get a Fastpass to get in).

I don't doubt that a 16 minute RoL might be have better pacing than 22 minutes but it is a shame they couldn't fill the longer show time with enough that provided a good show.

TTA94

Bouncing off of @wdwmagic , the initial show was a bit longer, although, I believe it was about 22 min originally. Also, a few of the segments that CMs commented as dragging on, resulting in a slight shortening to keep things moving.

But what parts were cut? Not good news at all. I already felt the show was to short.

Last edited:

TTA94

@Magic Feather Can you go into detail what was actually done to the soundtrack? Are we talking different music or just additions to the existing? If it is the same music then which parts were cut?

Magic Feather

@Magic Feather Can you go into detail what was actually done to the soundtrack? Are we talking different music or just additions to the existing? If it is the same music then which parts were cut?
I can't fully elaborate, other than nothing new (along the lines of musical score with an orchestra or vocalists) were added.
Any idea of how many shows will be offered each night? I would hope three per night with it being in high demand.
It should be 2 most, and 3 at peak times. It was considered to just do one during off season, and even four during (winter) peak seasons, but neither of which seem highly likely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom