New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here are some pictures of the seating area construction from 9/20. The first pictures shows a pile driver and a bunch of sheet pile on barges.

I have to say it's nice to be able to provide construction pictures I actually took! :)

DSC00514.jpg
DSC00516.jpg

jmuboy

It looks like the steel beams are going into the middle of the lake! Is that maybe for show infrastructure too?

And I am really excited for this show. I'm sure it will be high quality. But I hope seating area does not damage the themeing along the lake.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It looks like the steel beams are going into the middle of the lake! Is that maybe for show infrastructure too?

And I am really excited for this show. I'm sure it will be high quality. But I hope seating area does not damage the themeing along the lake.

They are putting in sheet pile near the edges of the lake. This will allow them to hold back water and the earth on the bottom of the lake while they construct something behind it. This might mean they are going to extend the viewing area out into the lake, or maybe just build a new retaining wall that will be the edge of the viewing area.

FerretAfros

Here are a couple photos that I took during yesterday morning's Jingle Jungle 5K, showing some construction at the backstage marina behind the Theater in the Wild, which I assume is related to Rivers of Light. The first 2 photos are looking northeast on Savannah Circle, and the 3rd photo is looking north through an opening in the construction fence. It looked like all of the concrete pavement surrounding the marina had been removed, but the buildings and awnings were still in place

Sorry for the less-than-great photos and lack of details, but these were taken while running so I didn't have time to look around more

P1100155.JPG

P1100157.JPG

P1100158.JPG

ToTBellHop

What a beautiful course for a 5k...............especially in a park that doesn't really celebrate Christmas any more and doesn't even of the parade that this 5k is named after. Just change the name, Disney.

FerretAfros

What a beautiful course for a 5k...............especially in a park that doesn't really celebrate Christmas any more and doesn't even of the parade that this 5k is named after. Just change the name, Disney.
They still celebrate Christmas...we even got an up close preview of the decorations!
P1100162.JPG

But in all seriousness, I like the name since it's runDisney's only race that has an official song, and now that the parade is in Yesterland, the song is exclusive to the race. It's the little things.

It also played as a nice counterpoint to the 5K for the Tower of Terror 10-Miler weekend, which was Halloween themed. Prior to the creation of the TOT weekend this 5K was Halloween-themed (and even held at MK!) because Wine & Dine was held on an earlier weekend, so it will be interesting to see if they change it back now that TOT has been removed from the calendar

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom