New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

Unplugged

Personally, walking along all those damn walls and tarps makes me claustrophobic. I also find, as do many people I know who love Disney but are not on these sites, find it intriguing to watch some of their work along with "See what's coming" signage. I thing too many walls are a bigger eyesore then simply watching some work being done with the lake behind it.

Unplugged

Agreed. I think doing some nice terracing with some areas benches made from stone (concrete) or brick could tie in well, look attractive, provide some much needed seating space, but also blend seamlessly to standing room walkways. I think such a layout with the larger existing trees left in place behind the new additions would creat some wonderful shade opportunities to walk near the water and view statues and other things you suggested.

greed. I think doing some nice terracing with some areas benches made from stone (concrete) or brick could tie in well, look attractive, provide some much needed seating space, but also blend seamlessly to standing room walkways. I think such a layout with the larger existing trees left in place behind the new additions would created some wonderful shade opportunities to walk near the water and view statues and other things you suggested. like handicapped seating for wheel chairs?

Looks like something messed up for you on your post as my entire comment was quoted with additional inserts. Make sure you quote folks clearly so we can all chime in. I agree with your note on wheel chair seating as part of my suggestions and am aware that they may not. Though we cannot indicate Greed until after we identify how the seating is to be constructed.

dreamfinder

Personally, walking along all those **** walls and tarps makes me claustrophobic. I also find, as do many people I know who love Disney but are not on these sites, find it intriguing to watch some of their work along with "See what's coming" signage. I thing too many walls are a bigger eyesore then simply watching some work being done with the lake behind it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a legal thing as much as anything else. If there is any heavy equipment, holes being dug, etc, they need to keep guests away from all of that stuff. When they get to a point where it is more than just holes/foundations, they may indeed take the same tact they did with 7DMT and put viewing areas in the walls, but I don't see building viewing areas having nearly the same appeal to the general public that a new "mountain" did.

MotherOfBirds

One of the last photos from that construction update shows a lot of black and bright green grime on the tree's trunk. I think it's overdue for a pressure washing

Kitty17794

I was just at AK with a friend last Thursday... had forgotten all about this. Was wondering why there were so many walls up. It was quite sad looking, but I suppose it's a small price to pay for something new at AK!

FerretAfros

Interesting that you mentioned that. The Tree of Life is going to be repainted an pressure washed in the next few weeks.
That's good to hear, since it hasn't gotten any major maintenance since its initial construction.

Will they also be replacing the leaves as part of this? They've faded to a terrible neon green that just isn't very "natural" looking. With all the work they're doing to ROL (and how long it will be until the next major refurbishment), I really hope that they don't overlook this

xstech25

I think its become pretty clear Disney has a long term plan for major renovation and expansion at WDW. Now that the big construction at MK is wrapped up: Downtown Disney, DAK, and the Polynesian are all completely under the knife. People who are vacationing at WDW now probably feel like they're in a psychology experiment with all the walls. Also based off the WDI announcements that have been going around, once all this is wrapping up I wouldn't be surprised to see DHS and Epcot under the knife.

FutureWorld1982

I think its become pretty clear Disney has a long term plan for major renovation and expansion at WDW. Now that the big construction at MK is wrapped up: Downtown Disney, DAK, and the Polynesian are all completely under the knife. People who are vacationing at WDW now probably feel like they're in a psychology experiment with all the walls. Also based off the WDI announcements that have been going around, once all this is wrapping up I wouldn't be surprised to see DHS and Epcot under the knife.

Not enough, sadly. Yes, they may be focusing on DAK, DTD, and the Polynesian, but both Epcot and (especially) DHS are in desperate need for new additions and refurbishments, which are long overdue. Hopefully we will see even more walls in other parks in the very near future.

RayTheFirefly

Don't get your hopes up. It should've started 5 years ago.
SNL_1350_09_Debbie_Downer.png

*Disclaimer: just kidding. I respect what you have to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom