New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

21stamps

That is not a popular opinion around here.

That being said, I have also ridden it both ways. There's not a huge difference to me either.

Want to improve the ride - quickly and inexpensively, with no downtime? Clean up and remove those disgusting hairbands. Seriously gross!
I can handle the hair bands. It's a sea of bubble gum that makes me sick when riding a rollercoaster.

prfctlyximprct

Everything the Light Touches
Eastern festival traditions merge with innovative technology to make Rivers of Light come alive. Featuring evocative, never-before-seen footage from Disneynature, grand theatrical imagery, virtuosic live performances, a soaring original score, and innovative special effects—this nighttime show employs a host of magical devices to create an experience unlike any other.

Fireflies in Flight
The flickering ornamentation of fireflies illustrates the migration of light—a central motif of the production. As the story unfolds, original video projections and choreographed laser animation combine to create the appearance of glowing fireflies, illuminating enchanting moments of the celebration like living pixie dust.

Spirited Storytelling
Mysteriously, the show’s “storytellers” never utter a word. Instead, they communicate volumes through fascinating forms of authentic Asian dance, music, song and shadow puppetry.

Light, Lanterns and Lotuses
Showstopping features include nearly 100 Asian lanterns, undulating hues of larger-than-life animal spirits and floating vessels awash in brilliant radiance. Powerful fountain jets erupting like embers from a fire and a 28-foot-tall Temple Lotus add to the visual splendor of these elements, each magically drifting into scenes—adding color, drama, shape and choreography.

A Living Landscape
Encircling the very heart of the Discovery River Lagoon and her 2 village amphitheaters is the thick embrace of a lush tree-scape. It is host and home to a unique variety of life, both in body and spirit form. This organic landscape is a central character itself, and an ever-changing canvas for the story’s unveiling.

12 minutes ain't enough! I WANT MORE!!! :)

21stamps

i am cheering for you guys who are keeping this thread going, in the words of Jim Harbaugh you have an enthusiasm unknown to mankind
After reading your comment I clicked on Page 1.
This thread started in 2013!! Wow. Thanks to everyone posting updates without making someone like me go back and read 300+ pages!. Has anyone here actually been on this thread since the beginning?

Rob562

Was in the park today, closed out the park riding Everest. Walking toward Anandapur we saw that both boats were lit up at their docking spots with a tech crew member standing on the one closest to us. Stood there watching for a couple minutes, but the boat never moved and it just ran through a few color change cues.

No other barges were seen out on the water.

-Rob

BrianLo

Ah, yes, the old "They charge you $100 to enter" spiel. They don't. Well, technically they CAN, but anyone who pays the full single day price for Animal Kingdom was going to be parted with their money anyway, to borrow from an old saw.

I apologize for derailing the thread folks! I'm not interested in semantics, feel free to PM me.

Also I am pretty excited for this show, it looks like it is coming together!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom