New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

rle4lunch

Thank you!! If you have any updates regarding this project in the future, please feel free to share. We just did our fast pass selections and would love to see the show in December.

We're there in Dec too, but didn't have the option for Rivers of Light fastpasses. Did you???? If so, how?!?

peter11435

Why is an outdoor fire effect next to water a safety concern when an indoor fire effect next to an electronic ride vehicle (GMR) is not?

I don't buy this.
When the ride was built there was not a cast member stationed in the burn zone. Guest issues have required a cast member be placed permanently in this area. GMR was designed from the beginning to safely have cast and guest in close proximity to its fire effects. Kali was not. Obviously they could have made modifications to ensure cast member safety and satisfy osha requirements but that is not what they choose to do. Instead the fire was removed and replaced with lighting effects.

RSoxNo1

When the ride was built there was not a cast member stationed in the burn zone. Guest issues have required a cast member be placed permanently in this area. GMR was designed from the beginning to safely have cast and guest in close proximity to its fire effects. Kali was not. Obviously they could have made modifications to ensure cast member safety and satisfy osha requirements but that is not what they choose to do. Instead the fire was removed and replaced with lighting effects.
That explains a bit better than "safety concerns", thanks.

HauntedMansionFLA

We're there in Dec too, but didn't have the option for Rivers of Light fastpasses. Did you???? If so, how?!?
FastPasses were not available for ROL when I was picking attractions. And yes, I was looking . :) I'm sure that some insiders will give us alittle heads up of when they will be available. I assume it will be the hottest FP around when it comes out with the Electric parade shutting down shortly over at the MK.

rle4lunch

FastPasses were not available for ROL when I was picking attractions. And yes, I was looking . :) I'm sure that some insiders will give us alittle heads up of when they will be available. I assume it will be the hottest FP around when it comes out with the Electric parade shutting down shortly over at the MK.

Phew. had me worried. we just did ours yesterday morning for the week of 3 Dec. we'll be anxiously awaiting them too. *on the hunt*.

prfctlyximprct

617DDE45-DA6C-4B33-B68E-0BE3DC1A45C9_zpsgksnnfmc.png

Hopefully for ROL

cursivesailor

Maybe they are pushing the announcement up to compensate for all the closures do to the storm. Maybe like a silver lining to all the bad news right now.

flyerjab

Not this Friday?

And you do, aim to queue at sunset. We found riding at twilight offered the best lighting both natural and false, and so many animals were out. More than we've ever seen in the day.

Boy I could not agree more. We waited until actual sunset one evening, so the sky was a beautiful pink and purple, and then you also had some of the effects lighting on for the safari. We say so many animals it was a truly amazing experience. Not only were the lions scampering about, but even the cheetahs were moving around their paddock. Rhinos walking right along side the truck, hippos actually OUT of the water. It is without a doubt one of the best times to go. If you wait until pitch dark, then it is a total luck of the draw. We were just there for the DVC event and the safari time we were given was 10:30 PM. We did not see very much except for the animals in the open savannah.

DrActorKJ

Not this Friday?

And you do, aim to queue at sunset. We found riding at twilight offered the best lighting both natural and false, and so many animals were out. More than we've ever seen in the day.

How long has this been offered? I'm wondering if the animals being more active at twilight is simply due to their confusion because they are used to being in their nighttime housing at that time of day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom