New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

TTA94

The way I see it Disney firework die hard fans will probably absolutely hate RoL and be negative towards it. People who don't care that much for "big booms" in the sky but enjoy lights, water and visuals will love RoL.

TTA94

If you all noticed they said RoL will continue to grow and change... And when have we heard this before? Lol WoC! Sounds like there will be a RoL 2.0 in the future. Maybe they were just anxious to get the viewing area built, and initially get the show underway, on a smaller scale, coughbudget cutscough, then eventually make the show bigger? Though the more likely event will be adding Disney characters... Lion King, Jungle Book, Zootopia to name a few.

Timothy_Q

If you all noticed they said RoL will continue to grow and change... And when have we heard this before? Lol WoC! Sounds like there will be a RoL 2.0 in the future. Maybe they were just anxious to get the viewing area built, and initially get the show underway, on a smaller scale, coughbudget cutscough, then eventually make the show bigger? Though the more likely event will be adding Disney characters... Lion King, Jungle Book, Zootopia to name a few.

I'm really scared of the idea of Disney randomly shoving Disney films into this.

The original World of Color is one of Disney's most beautiful shows. The 2 current iterations on the other hand (Celebrate and Winter) are just a really long Disney commercial on water screens. Really sad

HMF

You have no basis to say that, there is nothing hinting at ALL that it will ever include characters, It's like saying "Oh let's put frozen and nemo into Illuminations: Reflections of Earth," it would make no absolute sense to the story the show is trying to tell. I can only see them adding a tag like they do with Illuminations during the holidays.
Frozen and Nemo don't fit the story Epcot is (or was) trying to tell, yet they shoved them in anyway.

TTA94

You have no basis to say that, there is nothing hinting at ALL that it will ever include characters, It's like saying "Oh let's put frozen and nemo into Illuminations: Reflections of Earth," it would make no absolute sense to the story the show is trying to tell. I can only see them adding a tag like they do with Illuminations during the holidays.

Didn't say I would like or support the idea. I would hate if they did add characters to the show. I'm just saying knowing Disney they probably will.

halltd

Disagree. I rode it the very first day the attraction was open. It was never 'good'. Its OK for what it is.
What, what, what??? CTX was AMAZING when it opened. Granted, it wasn't as cool as Indy, but it was pretty freakin' awesome.

I didn't see any further posts on the upcharge preview events that were supposed to go on sale today. Did they go on sale?

asianway

EPCOT wasn't supposed to have characters either. See how that worked out. I figure this will last slightly longer than Stitchs supersonic before retooling

jrhwdw

EPCOT wasn't supposed to have characters either. See how that worked out. I figure this will last slightly longer than Stitchs supersonic before retooling
And that was back in the 80s! When Mickey and Friends got into EPCOT Center. They used to do more back then: Ommibus shows, shows in Odyssey. I still think it's good to have them in EPCOT. Nemo and Frozen are Still questionable since I was (and many on here) were to the original Seas and Norway Attractions

Maybe I'm not getting it but IDK if you can comparre WOC to ROL or WOC to WD or WOC-C! WOC was always gong to have characters, so why would WD and C! be any different

DON'T HATE ME but I wouldn't mind if Lion King and/or Circle of Life was in ROL. I was kind of expecting it. Didn't DAK open with Circle of Life?

asianway

it doesnt really work like that sweety, this show has been in the process of being designed for years now, they will not go back and make MAJOR edits in the show just to add characters to the show. the argument is idiotical in every way. It cant even be considered because it would change the entire concept of the story that they have been working on for years now, something that World of color lacks (A story, Which world of color shouldn't even be compared to this show because they're a insanely different show effects and show setups in the show).
They will if the rubes rate it poorly which I fully expect

Bryan Slater

I'm really excited to see this show. It's great they came up with a way to expand the hours and add attractions without any harm to the animals. Can't wait to see it live on my trip June 28th through July 9th. Must see!

Sped2424

it doesnt really work like that sweety, this show has been in the process of being designed for years now, they will not go back and make MAJOR edits in the show just to add characters to the show. the argument is idiotical in every way. It cant even be considered because it would change the entire concept of the story that they have been working on for years now, something that World of color lacks (A story, Which world of color shouldn't even be compared to this show because they're a insanely different show effects and show setups in the show).
1.Don't call people sweety it's demeaning. 2. After designers are done and the show goes to park ops they can trim and edit it however they like I mean look at world of color. For now the show is safe but a year or two from now who knows.

Last edited:

doctornick

People love Illuminations and it has been around for years with no characters.

Yeah, that's what I keep coming back to. Illuminations has existing for many years without introducing characters, even as they have crept into other parts of Epcot. Who knows what the future holds, but it at least bodes well that Disney can/will have nighttime spectaculars without IP.

I understand being cynical, but it seems silly in light of the fact that Disney hasn't apparently put characters into the show to begin with -- which they easily could have done.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I wouldn't surprise me in the least if they went back and put characters in it. How many millions are the currently spending to put characters in the Norway pavilion at Epcot?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom